Bayfront operates Pinellas County's busiest Level II Adult and Pediatric Trauma Center and has been serving the Critical Care, Emergency and Trauma needs of our community for over 100 years.
As an academic teaching facility, Bayfront Health St. Petersburg is committed to the education of healthcare professionals in a variety of areas including resident physicians.
Bayfront is an equal opportunity employer and a tobacco free/drug free workplace.
- National Accreditation - Joint Commission
- Level II Trauma Center - Florida Department of Trauma
- Certificate of Distinction - Comprehensive Stroke Center, Joint Commission
- Certificate of Distinction - Chest Pain Center, National Society of Chest Pain Centers
- Disease-Specific Accreditation - Hip & Knee Replacement, Joint Commission
- Accreditation, Regional Perinatal Intensive Care Center - Florida Department of Health
- Certified Adult Brain Injury Inpatient Rehabilitation Center - Florida Department of Health
- Accreditation College of American Pathologists - Commission on Laboratory Accreditation
- Certification - Mammography Quality Standards Act and Program
- Accreditation - Florida Medical Association Committee on Continuing Medical Education & Accreditation
- Certification with Commendation - Undersea and Hyperbaric Medical Society, Bayfront Wound Care & Hyperbaric Center
Recent Awards and Commendations
- Bayfront's Baby Place was one of only seven Florida hospitals recognized by the Florida Hospital Association’s Hospital Engagement Network for reaching a greater than 30% improvement in reducing early elective deliveries, 2013
- American Heart Association Get With the Guidelines Silver Plus Performance Award - Stroke Care, 2013
- Silver National Medal of Honor for Organ Donation by the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services, 2013
With an average of 360 days of sunshine and an average age in St Petersburg of 39, our area offers some of the top beaches and activities to entertain everyone. Professional sports for every fan includes the Tampa Bay Buccaneers, the Tampa Bay Rays, the Tampa Bay Rowdies and the Tampa Bay Lightning. The area is home to year round triathlons. We have world class shopping, 49 golf courses, 137 community parks including 5 leash-off dog parks, many nationally renowned art/history museums, over a dozen performing arts theaters and plenty of outdoor festivals and activities year round.