- Our Mission: To provide extraordinary care.
- Name: Christened "Mary Elizabeth Hospital" when it opened its doors in 1914, it was later renamed Raleigh Community Hospital and, in 1978, moved to the current Wake Forest Road location. Now known as Duke Raleigh Hospital, it operates as an integral member of Duke University Health System.
- Member of the Duke University Health System since 1998
- 186 private and semi-private beds
- More than 500 physicians on medical staff
- Programs and Services:
- Cancer Center
- Cardiovascular Center
- Orthopaedic Center
- Same Day Surgery Center
- Diabetes Center
- Wound Healing Center
- Radiation Oncology Service
- Hematology Oncology Service
- Intensive and Critical Care Services
- Wellness Center
- Outpatient Imaging Center
- General and Specialty Surgical Services, including Cutting Edge Laser and Laparoscopic Technologies
- Otologic and Neuro-otologic Specialty Services, including Cochlear Implantation, Acoustic Neuromas and Newborn Hearing Screening Services
- 24-Hour Emergency Department
- Volunteer Services Opportunities
- Short Stay and Observation
Duke Raleigh Human Resources:
Duke Raleigh Recruiting Office:
Four health plans, two of which have no deductibles; infertility services are covered under three of these plans.
Dental plans: orthodontia benefits to both adults and dependents.
Vision plan: a great discount on contact lenses and frames with many upgrades costing the plan member only a small copay.
Disability plan: fully covered by the company once employee meets eligibility.
Long-term care: guaranteed coverage when employee enrolls
Duke Raleigh Hospital is one of three hospitals within the larger Duke University Health System and is the only hospital within the system located in Wake County.
- AHA NOVA award
- Modern Healthcare's "Best Places to Work in Healthcare"
- Triangle Business Journal's "Best Places to Work in the Triangle"
- North Carolina Nursing Association Hallmarks of Healthy Workplaces
- Magnet Status for Nursing
- Abbott Diabetes Award
- DRAH CFO of the Year: Teri Newsom
- Triangle United Way Chairman's Award of Excellence
Duke Raleigh Hospital employs approximately 1000 employees, engages approximately 150 volunteers, and has an array of other services on campus that are part of the Duke University Health System. Altogether, some 1400 Duke employees work on the Duke Raleigh campus.