Provides health education, counseling, advocacy and limited case management to congregational members and other community members. Organizes health related activities. Completes congregational needs assessment. Coordinates the activities of other health professionals in the Health Ministry Program of the congregation.
Supervisor: Clergy or designee and Health Council of Congregation
Major Work Activities:
1. Completes health needs assessment for congregation. Plans health programs in conjunction with Health Ministry Team to address needs or wellness focus.
2. Facilitates and/or conducts individual and group health education activities.
3. Organizes, coordinates, promotes and evaluates health education programs, screenings and/or support groups.
4. Provides personal counseling to individuals/families on wholistic health matters.
5. Advocates on behalf of clients to order to access appropriate healthcare or community resources. May serve in a case management model.
6. Makes referrals for appropriate pastoral assistance.
7. Assists members to understand the connection between physical, emotional and spiritual health, and encourages a whole person approach to health maintenance.
8. Participates in educational and network programs as arranged by the Cone Health.
9. Maintains records regarding all activities and submits written reports on a monthly and annual basis
10. Prepares and monitors Health Ministry budget.
Flexible to meet needs of department