Coaches, trains and advises management and employees on Human Resource issues, policies, and procedures. Promotes exceptional employee performance; creates an environment of trust and teamwork; facilitates fairness and equal opportunity to develop employee potential through excellent human resources practices.
Delivers excellent customer service utilizing Relationship Based Care to advocate for safety, patient preferences, and optimal communication through partnering with patients/families and colleagues, including all internal and external customers.
MAJOR WORK ACTIVITIES:
1) Builds relationships and partners with leaders to develop an environment of employee engagement needed to achieve triple aim performance. Proactively scans the workplace environment and identifies workplace issues which impact employee performance and advises leaders on strategies to resolve these issues.
2) Supports leaders in the administration of all Human Resources policies and procedures. Is a resource for issues such as employee performance, reward and recognition, progressive discipline, diversity in the workplace and all compliance issues. Provides education at teachable moments.
Provides feedback to leaders and helps them develop skills to drive improvement on human resource metrics.
3) Meets with employees to discuss their workplace concerns and follows through on potential issues and problems. Works closely with Employee Services, Patient Satisfaction, and Organizational Development on strategies to support the Cone Health mission, organizational improvement and employee needs.
4) Drives policy review and education while balancing operational and employee needs. Seeks opportunities to improve and update Human Resources policies, communication tools and practices.
5) Assists with programs to celebrate employee achievements and foster strong morale.
6) Advises leaders in the process and structure of progressive discipline. Ensures corrective actions and grievances are conducted in accordance with Cone Health policy. Represents Cone Health in regulatory hearings (e.g. unemployment Insurance). Proactively monitors issues and assists prior to employee termination through careful review of documents and leadership consultation. Maintain in-depth knowledge of legal requirements related to day to day management of employees, reducing legal risks and ensuring regulatory compliance. Partner with Legal Department as needed/required.
7) Serves as the Human Resources contact person and site management liaison for Employee Council. Ensures compliance with the activity budget. Supports the coordination of employee council sponsored celebrations (e.g., holiday parties.)
8) Assists with the preparation of reports and the analysis of statistical data for metrics and regulatory purposes and trending for benchmarking to identify areas of training or growth opportunity. Coordinates development of appropriate training programs with the Sr. EPM and Director of Employee Relations to address opportunities identified.
Cone Health Values
Caring for our patients
Caring for each other
Caring for our communities
Cone Health Operating Principles
Uses evidence based practices to provide safe and exceptional patient care.
Communicates honestly and directly with care and respect.
Includes people with diverse backgrounds, experiences, and points of view.
Demonstrates responsible behavior by seeing it, owning it, solving it, doing it, and celebrating it.
Cone Health Practices
Keeps patients safe by practicing the 4 R's (right patient, right place, right time, right service).
Practices AIDET (acknowledge, introduce, duration, explain, thank you) for every patient interaction.
Does not engage in gossip; takes issues to the person who can do something about it.
Demonstrates responsible behavior by doing what I say, when I say and communicate. If I can't, I clean it up.
Assume the best intention and seek to understand.
Thanks someone every day.
Responds appropriately to emergency situations (Cone Health Codes) and demonstrates knowledge of how to respond.
Always uses appropriate safety devices and techniques (examples: using safe lift equipment and needle safe devices; pushing carts; correctly lifting copy paper).
Adheres to National Patient Safety Goals (including compliance with Infection Prevention, Hand Hygiene, etc.).
Identifies and reports safety hazards and incidents. Maintains secure areas per policy (carts, closets, etc.)
Protects all confidential information and obeys all HIPAA regulations.
Adheres to all organizational and departmental policies and procedures, including dress code.
Documents time accurately using Kronos. Not in corrective action for Kronos edits.
Attends at least 75% of departmental staff meetings.
Completes all departmentally required education, competencies, and/or proficiencies.
Demonstrates compliance with Attendance Policy.
3-5 year Human Resource Management experience with concentration in Employee Relations supporting mid to large size organizations/departments (500-5000 employees)
Preferred: Healthcare experience
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
Thorough knowledge of employment law. Demonstrated ability to conduct research and compete EEOC Position Statements.
Proven ability to multi-task, and work successfully within a fast paced performance driven culture.
Excellent facilitation skills; superior communication skills; ability to work effectively across all levels of the organization. Can successfully deliver Leadership and Policy and Procedure Training.
Excellent ability to confront and deal with difficult, stressful situations.
Ability to analyze data, prepare reports and make strategic recommendations for improvement.
Highly proficient in Microsoft Office and other technologies that support the workflow.
Ability to work effectively as an individual contributor and as a member of a dynamic professional team.
Demonstrated project skills.
Prior experience with Lawson Human Resources and Sharepoint Information Systems a plus
Monday through Friday