Provides secretarial and administrative support for Executive Vice President, Strategic Development and for Department Team.
MAJOR WORK ACTIVITIES:
1. Provides executive secretarial and clerical services.
a. Prepares, distributes and files minutes, reports, memos and correspondence.
b. Composes forms, tables, overheads, spreadsheets and/or databases, including inputting of data into databases and/or Excel spreadsheets.
c. Establishes and maintains a functional filing system.
d. Prioritizes and manages incoming mail distribution, prepares select responses independently or forwards item to appropriate source.
e. Monitors and maintains office supply system.
f. Screens and responds to questions and telephone calls, directing inquiries to appropriate person.
g. Monitors Department financial paperwork, i.e. check requests, mileage and expense reimbursement requests, etc.
h. Assists with recordkeeping for departmental budget preparation and monitoring.
i. Creates and maintains Outlook Email Distribution Lists for various committees/groups/etc.
j. Coordinates ongoing and special projects.
2. Coordinates meetings, travel and calendars.
a. Coordinates appointment calendar(s) and meeting(s) schedule, including independently scheduling meetings.
b. Coordinates designated meetings, ensuring meeting notices, agenda, handouts and minutes are prepared and master files maintained. Takes responsibility for independently securing essential meeting needs, i.e. food, computer equipment, meeting rooms, etc.
c. Schedules and maintains interview schedules in conjunction with consulting engagements and other projects.
d. Coordinates travel/meeting arrangements and processes travel expenses.
e. Records, maintains, and distributes master documents (minutes, reports).
3. Organizes and oversees assigned projects independently and with strong attention to detail.
4. Assists Director, Strategic Planning with preparation and production of Certificate of Need applications, including typing relevant documents, preparing and copying materials, and securing necessary documentation.
5. Demonstrates personal accountability.
a. Completes assigned tasks in a timely manner. (i.e., willing to postpone breaks, adjust time-off schedule, flex work schedule if needed).
b. Makes few errors; incorporates new practice standards, policy and procedure changes, supervisor feedback and changes identified by quality improvement outcomes into daily work.
c. Keeps appropriate persons informed if problems arise which prevent timely completion of work or if variances to procedure occur.
d. Complies with established Cone Health guidelines and policies.
1. Remains current with Cone Health policies.
2. Adheres to attendance policy.
3. Demonstrates established dress code.
4. Completes MANDATORY REQUIREMENTS.
5. Performs other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
5. Demonstrates personal commitment to quality.
a. Shows response and courtesy for all customers (guests, patients, and co-workers) by listening attentively to ideas and suggestions, showing concern for customer needs, directing customers to appropriate resources, assisting with problem resolution, and following up to ensure customers needs have been met.
b. Maintains confidentiality and privacy.
c. Volunteers for and actively participates in departmental projects including setting aside individual work priorities to achieve departmental goals.
d. Supports co-workers by offering assistance and encouragement. Follows through by helping team members complete assigned work.
e. Maintains a positive attitude and strives to create an atmosphere in which all employees can enjoy working. Refrains from making negative comments, but rather brings concerns to the appropriate person and works to positively resolve issues.
f. Represents the Department appropriately in other areas of Cone Health when asked, i.e. Employee Council, United Way, etc.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
1. Advanced computer skills and proficiency in Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, and Outlook, basic skills in Microsoft Excel. Proficient data entry skills.
2. Strong writing skills with proper grammar knowledge.
3. Strong attention to detail.
4. Operates standard office equipment (i.e., copier, fax machine, etc.).
5. Ability to work with people, establish priorities and handle work flow with frequent interruptions.
6. Ability to work independently and proactively.
7. Basic library skills.
8. Manual dexterity sufficient for accurate typing.
9. Communicate via telephone and other automation vehicles.
10. Sit for majority of shift; able to bend, stoop and lift items of 5 30 pounds in weight.
11. Sufficiently mobile to complete errands, put up supplies, etc.
12. Physical job demands may be subject to possible modification to reasonably accommodate individuals with disabilities.
8:30am to 5:00pm