Provides direct care to patients at the Center for Pain and Rehabilitative Medicine outpatient clinic, participates in CPRM program development, clinical education, and outreach activities.
MAJOR WORK ACTIVITIES (MWAS):
1) Provides assessment of patients and coordinates their care with the attending/supervising physician.
2) Reviews, interprets and integrates patient data.
3) Provides patient education, discusses ongoing care, medications, resources for self-education, and when and how to contact the practice for emergent care.
4) Responds quickly and professionally to urgent/emergent care demands, nursing questions and family concerns and manages time effectively.
5) Communicates professionally, compassionately and effectively with patients, co-workers and referring physicians.
Cone Health Values
Caring for our patients
Caring for each other
Caring for our communities
Cone Health Operating Principles
Uses evidence based practices to provide safe and exceptional patient care.
Communicates honestly and directly with care and respect.
Includes people with diverse backgrounds, experiences, and points of view.
Demonstrates responsible behavior by seeing it, owning it, solving it, doing it, and celebrating it.
Cone Health Practices
Keeps patients safe by practicing the 4 R's (right patient, right place, right time, right service).
Practices AIDET (acknowledge, introduce, duration, explain, thank you) for every patient interaction.
Does not engage in gossip; takes issues to the person who can do something about it.
Demonstrates responsible behavior by doing what I say, when I say and communicate. If I can't, I clean it up.
Assume the best intention and seek to understand.
Thanks someone every day.
Responds appropriately to emergency situations (Cone Health Codes) and demonstrates knowledge of how to respond.
Always uses appropriate safety devices and techniques (examples: using safe lift equipment and needle safe devices; pushing carts; correctly lifting copy paper).
Adheres to National Patient Safety Goals (including compliance with Infection Prevention, Hand Hygiene, etc.).
Identifies and reports safety hazards and incidents. Maintains secure areas per policy (carts, closets, etc.)
Protects all confidential information and obeys all HIPAA regulations.
Adheres to all organizational and departmental policies and procedures, including dress code.
Documents time accurately using Kronos. Not in corrective action for Kronos edits.
Attends at least 75% of departmental staff meetings.
Completes all departmentally required education, competencies, and/or proficiencies.
Demonstrates compliance with Attendance Policy.