Provides primary healthcare and performs selective medical services under the direction of supervising physicians.
MAJOR WORK ACTIVITIES:
1. Uses a knowledge base to assess, plan and provide a comprehensive plan of care that proactively manages healthcare issues and addresses barriers along the care continuum for patients in the office setting.
2. Provides medical care within the scope of the practitioners training and consults with supervising physician when necessary and appropriate.
3. Assess and determines appropriate medical and psychological intervention. Prescribes medications and services as indicated. Coordinates and schedules laboratory studies, diagnostic procedures, and consultations.
4. Monitors compliance with medications and evaluates patient response to plan of treatment. Modifies plan of treatment when necessary.
5. Provides health care education to clients and family members to assist with disease management and the development of coping skills.
6. Supervises support staff working under his/her direction to ensure quality of care is delivered.
7. Maintains thorough and timely documentation of services rendered in the patients chart.
8. Documents and provides to office staff complete and correct billing information on all patient visits, consultations and procedures.
9. Practices in a cost-effective manner.
10. Participates in the development of policies and procedures relating to the provision of clinical and related services.
11. Maintains professional skills through the appropriate continuing education and actively participates in formal quality assurance programs of the organization.
12. Performs administrative duties as may be requested.
13. Adheres to the Corporate Compliance Program.
14. Attends meetings and in-services as necessary.
15. Provides opportunities for other medical professionals seeking educational experiences in appropriate settings.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
1. As employees of Moses Cone Health System, our behaviors must be aligned with our values of Outstanding Service, Caring Spirit, Innovative Climate, Integrity and Financial Viability. Our Standards of Behavior reinforce these corporate values and reflect our commitment to Service Excellence. Our Standards of Behavior are:
Maintain a professional appearance.
Demonstrate a positive attitude to all customers and fellow employees.
Maintain a safe, clean and attractive environment.
Communicate with compassion and courtesy.
Anticipate customer needs.
Maintain patient privacy and confidentiality.
2. Ability to maintain current North Carolina licensure and follow North Carolina laws applicable to his/her practice.
3. Ability to effectively communicate and interact with multicultural and multi-age populations.
4. Broad knowledge of medicine and care of specialty related populations.
5. Ability to communicate clearly and effectively, both orally and in writing.
6. Physical job demands may be subject to possible modifications to reasonably accommodate individuals with disabilities.
Hours will vary