This position is accountable for a variety of Corporate Planning activities and projects in support of the accomplishment of departmental goals and objectives. This position works closely with Service Line leaders, Finance and Quality staff, and others in the organization to support Cone Health and service line planning and development. This position reports to the Director, Strategic Planning.
MAJOR WORK ACTIVITIES:
1. Assist EVP, Strategic Development, Director, Strategic Planning, Service Line leaders and others in the planning and development of Cone Health programs and strategies, including specific clinical service line planning, for assuring orderly and appropriate growth.
2. Assist in the identification and evaluation of trends in health care, local conditions, healthcare legislation, economic conditions and competitive institutions in order to develop corporate strategies designed to respond to those trends.
3. Perform demographic, utilization and competitor analyses for specific projects as assigned in order to assist in the development of market strategies.
4. Develop, maintain and utilize databases to assist in planning and development analyses. Utilize market intelligence tools from external sources such as Truven Health, Advisory Board Company, Sg2, etc., to support planning needs.
5. Assist in the preparation of and support services for business plans, including conducting forecasting and feasibility studies, in order to facilitate the development of market strategies.
6. Assist Director, Strategic Planning with preparation of Certificate of Need applications.
7. Other duties as assigned.
PERSONAL PERFORMANCE STANDARDS
Safety - Maintains safe and clean environment for self, patients and staff at all times.
Communication Engages in open communication with compassion and courtesy.
Team Work - Participates and contributes as a team member to all departments.
Relationship Based Care Demonstrates behaviors that support caring and/or healing relationships with colleagues, patients and with self.
System-Wide Accountabilities Demonstrates compliance for requirements.
Attendance Demonstrates compliance with Attendance Policy.
1. Physical skills and abilities sufficient for sitting, standing or walking for extended periods of time, occasionally lifting files or equipment up to 50 pounds.
2. Manual and visual dexterity sufficient to operate calculator, computer keyboard and other office equipment as necessary.
3. Must have available transportation to commute to each site on a daily basis and as needed.
4. Sufficiently mobile to go to and from office to hospital and to other sites in the enterprise.
5. Communicate via telephone and other means such as fax and voice mail.
6. See computer screens and documents.
7. Ability to talk on the telephone and with other office personnel.
8:30am to 5:00pm