This position designs, implements, and supports complex databases in our computer environment. This position requires expertise and experience that is clearly of the highest caliber in the industry. They demonstrate skills that the Management Systems organization looks to for setting direction and implementing advanced solutions. Their responsibilities require specialized systems programming or specialized database management experience. They are also recognized as having critical skills that are rare within the information systems industry and are, therefore, highly marketable even within the healthcare industry because of their unique capabilities.
There are three branches of expertise. These branches can have some commonality in some skills but are generally separate and distinct roles.
The first branch is database management. This role has expertise in all parts database management including the administration, maintenance, development and implementation of policies and procedure ensuring the security and integrity of enterprise databases. This position may also design and build relational databases for data storage or processing and/or develop strategies for warehouse implementation, data acquisition and archive recovery.
A third branch is our systems administration area. This role includes the management and/or monitoring of the following:
o Software upgrades and installs.
o System Jobs/services
o Disk space
o Network usage/settings
o Overall health of the servers
o Operating Systems O/S
o Hardware health
o Co-ordinate efforts with central SA team and Network Team
o Exploit new technologies
Relationship Based Model of Care
Each employee of CH participates in a delivery model of patient care in which the patient and family are the central focus. Using the Relationship Based Care Model the nurse and other health care team members strive to understand what is most important to the individual patient, and actively engage them in all aspects of care.
Employees are required to maintain a culture that supports caring and healing. Employees focus on relationships to maintain the caring culture. The three relationships of focus are relationship with patients, colleagues and with self.
MAJOR WORK ACTIVITIES:
1. Assists user community (including departments and project teams) in analyzing, documenting, identifying, designing and providing technical solutions for workflows, processes and information needs.
2. Monitors, maintains and supports existing computer systems and infrastructure to help maximize uptime and availability. Analyzes, defines and evaluates production system problems and implements necessary solutions. Monitors performance of technical environment and adjusts processes to optimize performance. Researches, tests and documents all system changes, updates and enhancements to ensure system integrity and stability.
3. Implements scheduled projects as assigned. Assists in definition, selection, implementation, configuration, upgrades, integration, roll-out and/or training associated with system projects with a particular focus on the technical infrastructure aspects of projects. Communicates project status and/or infrastructure issues to appropriate personnel that could impact the scope, delivery, timeliness or effectiveness of system projects and/or existing infrastructure.
4. Serves as a subject matter resource in one or more technical areas such as database management, interfacing, integration, server management, network management, system tools/utilities, web development, and system administration. Promotes effective use of infrastructure hardware and software.
5. Assists users and management in researching, scoping, defining, introducing, reviewing and prioritizing new requests, technologies and strategies.
6. Performs other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
At least six years of database architecture, database management, data integration or data mining experience in an information systems environment is required. An equivalent combination of education and experience may be considered.
1. Experience within a specialized information technology is required (e.g. database administration, DBMS, system integration, SSIS/SSAS/SSRS, Windows O/S, HL7, scripting: UNIX, Oracle, VB, PowerShell, Java, C#, etc.).
2. Superior individual and group interaction and working skills are required.
3. Documented experience with successful project implementation is required.
4. Superior customer relations and communication skills are required.
5. Independent travel to multiple campus locations is required.
6. Must be able to life a minimum of twenty-five (25) pounds.
7. Must be able to communicate via telephone.
8. Physical job demands may be subject to possible modifications to reasonably accommodate individuals with disabilities.
9. Ability to work weekends and on-call required.