This position is accountable to perform all duties associated with replenishing supplies to the MC storeroom. Duties include placing and expediting purchase orders, maintaining a computerized inventory system, maintaining various associated data bases, entering receipts, verifying data, generating requisitions for stock replenishment, executing various audits and analyses associated with inventory control, expeditions monitoring the administrative processes of the Pyxis supply network, performing customer service functions, and serving as the central information point for user departments. Prints all reports associated with month end and insures distribution to proper departments.
MAJOR WORK ACTIVITIES:
1. Composes and transmits purchase orders to vendors via EDI, fax, and phone, receipt of purchase orders, pricing, catalog information, and product availability.
2. Performs various customer service activities to ensure that stock needs are met, including point of contact, request procurement, and sales support.
3. Initiates and verifies cycle audits and physical inventories performed by Materials Technicians, investigates discrepancies and recommends corrective actions, and makes adjustments, as required, to provide accuracy of perpetual data on a daily basis.
4. Monitors and maintains Pyxis data base activities to ensure guidelines are upheld and the system functions within established parameters. Various administrative duties include data base file maintenance, par level adjustments, usage data collection, and patient charge integrity. Possesses a working knowledge for all aspects of the Inventory Control Clerk position.
5. Understands processes and techniques and manual inventories.
6. Possesses the ability to organize and plan work activities, make decisions and accept
7. Print reports necessary to complete month end transactions.
3:00pm to 11:30pm