UNC Health Care
- ADMINISTRATIVE ASSOCIATE - HOSPITALITY SHOP (OFF002JS)Job Description
ADMINISTRATIVE ASSOCIATE - HOSPITALITY SHOP-OFF002JS
May perform duties of an administrative representative but with greater autonomy and discretion. Work involves a greater knowledge of office/clinic procedures and practice, independent judgment and problem-solving skills.
Responsibilities may include but are not limited to:
1. Receiving and pricing merchandise that enters the store.
2. Establishing and setting up vendor sales for the UNC Health Care Volunteer Association to include but not lmited to ensuring vendor contracts are signed in a timely manner, reconciliation of sales is completed and providing customer service.
3. Serves as a second level of response to customer inquiries and complaints in person, by phone and/or electronic communication. This may include working with third party providers.
4. Performs more complex scheduling of providers, staff, facilities, home care and/or patients (involving critical meetings or multiple medical procedures as an example). Coordinates meetings, workshops, and other events, including travel, based on predetermined needs.
5. Expedites non-routine purchases for departments as delegated. May maintain inventory of supply.
6. Prepares complex forms, reports, presentations and other documents requiring a higher level of proficiency with software. Creates, proofreads or edits correspondence and documents for internal and external circulation based on existing templates.
7. Procuring and filing records, researching lost or missing records, and posting information to records or ledgers in accordance with established procedures and systems. Checks records to verify accuracy and compliance with rules and procedures of appropriate system. Resolves discrepancies by contacting appropriate office to obtain information on source of discrepancy and correcting any errors.
8. Prepares and maintains basic financial records.
9. May train others using verbal and written communication.
10. Represents UNCHCS with internal and/or external entities in regards to budget, payments, collections, inventory to accomplish organizational goals.
11. Registering patients and completing encounter forms. Collecting patient payments and insurance information and making proper referrals to financial departments. May contact insurance companies directly to verify/determine eligibility. May also verify previous balance owed to UNCH.
Requires high school diploma and three years of clerical experience or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
Minimum competencies required:
1. Customer Focus: makes the customer and their needs their top priority and goes the extra mile to satisfy their customers. Demonstrates the ability to resolve customer problems.
2. Technical expertise: understands the technical aspects of ones job. Effectively uses Microsoft office products in order to produce reports and documents. Demonstrates the ability to learn and master the scheduling system.
3. Coachability: Receptive to feedback, willing to learn and embraces continuous improvement.
4. Accountability: Manages performance to meet expected results. Works to meet the internal/external customer requirements.
5. Fiscal responsibility: Understands the insurance process and seeks to make the best decision/referral in the interest of the customer.
6. Conflict Resolution: Uses appropriate interpersonal styles and methods to reduce tension or conflict between two or more people. Finds agreement on issues and follows through on implementation.
Preferred experience includes:
3 years experience working in a retail or gift shop environment
3 years experience working with ARBA Pro software
Completion of an Associate's Degree or higher
Job Office Support / Clerical
Primary LocationUnited States-North Carolina-Chapel Hill
Unposting Date Ongoing