Vidant Medical Center
About Vidant Health
Vidant Health is a regional health system serving 29 counties in eastern North Carolina. We are working every day to improve the health of the 1.4 million people we serve. Vidant Health is made up of 9 hospitals, physician practices, home health, hospice, wellness centers and other health care services. Vidant Medical Center is affiliated with the Brody School of Medicine at East Carolina University. As a major resource for health services and education, Vidant Health strives to support local medical communities and to work with providers throughout the region to deliver quality care. Our goal is to enhance services that are available locally and to eliminate barriers involving time, distance and lack of awareness that sometimes prevent patients from receiving the care they need.
1. Assists with necessary functions as required by Administrator and Manager. Assists with editing and updating program handouts and presentations as needed based on program redesign and creation. Schedules, coordinates and attends huddles, retreats and other meetings as required. Executes e-Procurement, and Travel and Expense reports as well as coordinating travel planning, reservation of hotels, cars, etc. Supports and maintains Administrator calendar coordination to ensure travel time, prep time, etc. Communicates concerns and needs in a timely and efficient manner.
Answers telephone conducting proper phone etiquette, directs callers and answers questions regarding classes.
Understands how to integrate the programs and processes offered and assists the customer by exceeding their expectations with urgency and excellence. Responds to e-mails sent. May attend/assist with administrative meetings or sessions, taking minutes or notes. General supply ordering, Request IT and Plant Operations Work Orders.
2. Sets up programs in Learn Center via Program Work Request, manages rosters as required for program delivery and maintains drop/adds, etc., accordingly to ensure system accuracy is maintained in a timely and efficient manner. Links classes to Webpage through Ektron. Runs LearnCenter Reports. Reserves room space in EMS Lite.
3. Assists Administrator and Manager with educational initiatives and roll-outs, maintaining various data bases, correspondence, arrangements for meetings and appointments, room reservations, catering. Report generation,
preparation of rosters, and general data entry as required. Makes copies for programs and/or assemble, collate, staple, bind, laminate materials as required. Schedule and set up audio visual equipment for presentations.
4. Orders and maintains supplies and program inventory to ensure team members have resources they need for program delivery and facilitation. Projects inventory usage based on open enrollment class offerings and on-hand inventory availability. Communicates with Open Enrollment Team Lead for coordinating reorder points, etc. Reports, correspondence, preparation of rosters, and general data entry as required. Makes copies for programs and/or assemble, collate, staple, bind, laminate materials as required. Prints reports and organizes for the program facilitator prior to class delivery.
5. Maintains professional communication, both oral, written and listening; professional appearance and efficiency at all times. Answers telephone conducting proper phone etiquette, responding to internal and external customers with "systemness" approach, gathering information about needs and communicates with the team member who can best assist. Ability to work independently with limited supervision. Strong organization and detail orientation. Demonstrates active participation to provide superior service at Gaskins-Leslie Center.
Four year degree required. 1-3 years adminstrative support and/or program training/development experience required.
1 full - time vacancy.
It is the goal of Vidant Health and its entities to employ the most qualified individual who best matches the requirements for the vacant position.
Offers of employment are subject to successful completion of all pre-employment screenings, which may include an occupational health screening, criminal record check, education, reference, and licensure verification.
Vidant Health is an Equal Opportunity Employer. EOE/AA Applications for Vidant Health and its subsidiary corporate entities are accepted and employees are chosen for employment without regard to race, color, gender, religion, age, national origin, marital status, citizenship, veteran status, or disability.
For additional information, please contact:
Meghan Griffin, Recruiter