Carolinas HealthCare System
Job Req ID: 133416
Position Number: 00118375
Employment Type: Full Time
Shift Details: Monday - Friday 8:00am - 5:00pm
Standard Hours:Â 40.00
Department Name: Clinic - Pediatric Clinic
Location: Prov Peds-Ballantyne
Location Details:Â This position is scheduled to move to the Regional Operation Center (Mint Hill) location December 20
This position is scheduled to move to Regional Operation Center (Mint Hill)Â December 2017.
Provides clerical support services in all areas of expertise and knowledge. Assists one or more groups of physicians, advanced clinical practitioners, providers, clinical, and non-clinical team members. Ensures competent and accurate appointment scheduling while maintaining the efficient flow of all incoming and outbound calls. Provides appropriate screening, handling and routing of incoming phone calls and ensures patient messages are taken appropriately with pertinent information. Initiates outbound calls per established work queues, lists and assignments.
- Answers inbound and/or places outbound telephone calls as assigned and appropriately directs callers and ensures all calls are handled efficiently and in a timely manner.
- Schedules various types of appointments for physicians, advanced clinical practitioners, and other clinicians, and communicates any necessary instructions to the patient.
- Contacts patients by phone to remind of upcoming appointment(s), to ask follow up care questions, and to provide special instructions if needed. Cancels and reschedules appointments as needed.
- Takes requests for refills, labs and test results, if required. Assists with patient message call backs and prescription refill questions.
- Organizes, expedites and follows-up on any paperwork related to patient care.
- Opens, sorts and distributes mail, correspondence, transcription, lab results and diagnostic testing as assigned.
- Assists with identifying and initiating necessary referrals for specialist appointments, procedures or tests.
Work consistently requires long periods of sitting, computer and phone use. Work requires some walking, standing, lifting, reaching, bending, stooping, pushing, and pulling. Must be able to lift up to 30 pounds. Must have intact senses of sight, hearing and touch. Must be able to speak and articulate clearly. Works in a fast paced environment.Education, Experience and Certifications
High School Diploma or GED required; Associates degree in healthcare related field preferred. Medical, secretarial, and/or customer service experience required. 1 year in a medical office or healthcare setting with experience in appointment scheduling and managing patient phone calls preferred. Experience as CMA/RMA, MOA or in a call center environment preferred.
At Carolinas HealthCare System, our patients, communities and teammates are at the center of everything we do. Our commitment to diversity and inclusion allows us to deliver care that is superior in quality and compassion across our network of more than 900 care locations.
As a leading, innovative health system, we promote an environment where differences are valued and integrated into our workforce. Our culture of inclusion and cultural competence allows us to achieve our goals and deliver the best possible experience to patients and the communities we serve.
Posting Notes: Not Applicable
Carolinas HealthCare System is an EOE/AA Employer