Carolinas HealthCare System
Job Req ID: 134756
Position Number: 00121482
Employment Type: Full Time
Standard Hours:Â 36.00
Department Name: NSG - LRDR
Location: CHS Northeast
Â Job Summary
The Surgical Technologist I applies surgical technology skills to assist in providing patient care in the surgical suite. The Surgical Technologist I assists in maintaining a safe work environment and performs all related job responsibilities. The Surgical Technologist I maintains clinical competencies as appropriate to the ages, developmental stages and special needs of the patients served.Essential Functions
- Coordinates the multidisciplinary activities required to provide the highest standard of care for the perioperative patient including providing a safe environment for the patient.
- Assists in obtaining and organizing supplies and instruments prior to the surgical procedure.
- Assists Registered Nurse circulator in preparation of patient, assembly of supplies, instruments and equipment as well as proper disposition of all specimens.
- Performs surgical scrub duties, sponge, instrument and needle counts according to department policy and procedure.
- Provides the surgeon with appropriate instruments, supplies and equipment in a timely manner.
- Monitors and maintains sterility of surgical field according to departmental policy.
- Assists with all aspects of room turnover and instrument/equipment processing.
- Assists with positioning of the patient according to departmental policy.
- Monitors and maintains surgical supplies for sterility of surgical field according to department policy.
- Monitors and documents sterilization activities for completion and accuracy according to departmental policy/guidelines.
Works inside with occasional intermittent noise and exposure to conditions such as dust, fumes and chemicals. Handles equipment and monitors supplies. Strenuous physical effort will require he/she walk, stretch, bend, climb stairs, twist and squat or kneel while performing multiple tasks. May have lengthy periods of standing. Requires frequent use of side vision, lifting, pushing and pulling. Must be able to lift and support the weight of 51 pounds in handling patients and medical equipment/supplies. Education, Experience and Certifications
High school diploma or GED preferred. Graduate of an accredited school of surgical technology program. Basic Life Support for Healthcare Provider (BLS HCP) from AHA required.
At Carolinas HealthCare System, our patients, communities and teammates are at the center of everything we do. Our commitment to diversity and inclusion allows us to deliver care that is superior in quality and compassion across our network of more than 900 care locations.
As a leading, innovative health system, we promote an environment where differences are valued and integrated into our workforce. Our culture of inclusion and cultural competence allows us to achieve our goals and deliver the best possible experience to patients and the communities we serve.
Posting Notes: Not Applicable
Carolinas HealthCare System is an EOE/AA Employer