Carolinas HealthCare System
Job Req ID: 140969
Position Number: 00100821
Employment Type: Full Time
Standard Hours:Â 40.00
Department Name: Northcross OR
Location: CHS University
Â Job Summary
The Clinical Nurse I/Ambulatory provides professional nursing care through skillful assessment, diagnosis, outcomes identification, planning, implementation, and evaluation in the ambulatory, outpatient, and CHS Medical Group practice settings in accordance with policies and procedures under the supervision of the supervisor and manager. The Clinical Nurse I/Ambulatory will assist in maintaining a safe work environment and performs all related job responsibilities in a safe manner. Essential Functions
- Collects data pertinent to the healthcare consumer's health or the situation.
- Analyzes the assessment data to determine actual or potential diagnoses, problems, and issues.
- Identifies expected outcomes for a plan individualized to the healthcare consumer or the situation.
- Develops a plan that prescribes strategies to attain expected, measurable outcomes.
- Implements the identified plan, coordinates care delivery, and employs strategies to promote health and a safe environment.
- Delegates elements of care to appropriate healthcare workers in accordance with any applicable legal or policy parameters or principles.
- Evaluates progress toward attainment of goals and outcomes.
- Practices in a manner that is congruent with cultural diversity and inclusion principles.
- Communicates effectively in all areas of practice.
- Collaborates with healthcare consumer and other key stakeholders in the conduct of nursing practice.
- Demonstrates leadership in the professional practice setting and the profession.
- Seeks knowledge and competence that reflects current nursing practice and promotes futuristic thinking.
- Integrates evidence and research findings into practice.
- Contributes to quality nursing practice.
- Evaluates one's own and other's nursing practice in relation to professional practice standards and guidelines, relevant statutes, rules and regulations.
- Utilizes appropriate resources to plan, provide, and sustain evidence-based nursing services that are safe, effective, and fiscally responsible.
- Practices in an environmentally safe and healthy manner.
- Practices ethically.
- Promotes shared governance, or facility decision making activities, developing and nurturing research to positively affect clinical outcomes and promotion.
Work requires walking, standing, sitting, lifting, reaching, stooping, bending, pushing, and pulling. Must be able to lift and support the weight of 35 pounds in handling patients, medical equipment, and supplies. Must speak English in good, understandable terms. Intact sense of sight, hearing, smell, and touch. Finger dexterity. Critical thinking and ability to concentrate. Must be able to respond quickly to changes in patient and/or unit conditions. Physical Abilities Testing required. Education, Experience and Certifications.
Graduate from an accredited School of Nursing; BSN preferred. Current Basic Life Support for Healthcare Provider status according to American Heart Association. Current RN license or temporary license as a Registered Nurse Petitioner in the state in which you work and reside or; if declaring a National License Compact (NLC) state as your primary state of residency, meet the licensure requirements in your home state; or for Non-National License Compact states, current RN license or temporary license as a Registered Nurse Petitioner required in the state where the RN works.
At Carolinas HealthCare System, our patients, communities and teammates are at the center of everything we do. Our commitment to diversity and inclusion allows us to deliver care that is superior in quality and compassion across our network of more than 900 care locations.
As a leading, innovative health system, we promote an environment where differences are valued and integrated into our workforce. Our culture of inclusion and cultural competence allows us to achieve our goals and deliver the best possible experience to patients and the communities we serve.
Posting Notes: Not Applicable
Carolinas HealthCare System is an EOE/AA Employer