Carolinas HealthCare System
Job Req ID: 141580
Position Number: 00153506
Employment Type: Full Time
Standard Hours:Â 40.00
Department Name: Respiratory Care
Location: CHS Stanly
Â Job Summary
Supervises and coordinates the activities of the Respiratory Care Department to include team member administration, budget development and control, and patient care management. Maintains clinical and professional competence in the supervision and care of patients of all ages.Essential Functions
- Maintains team member records. Manages technical supervision of team members. Approves all team member/payroll matters, including timekeeping, performance appraisals, team member relations, orientation and continuing education.
- Compiles statistical data from all areas of the department for the preparation of the departmental annual budget.
- Develops and manages the department budget in accordance with administrative guidelines. Compiles statistical data from all areas of the Department for the preparation of the Department annual budget.
- Develops and manages the implementation of technical policies and to include current policy and procedure manuals in accordance with Joint Commission.
- Provides and assesses effectiveness of patient and family education.
- Adheres to Policies and Standards regarding the HospitalÃ¯Â¿Â½s patient safety goals.
- Interacts effectively with physicians, and other departments in providing continuity of patient care. Maintains competency as a Registered Respiratory Therapist (RRT) for providing care to patients of all ages. Utilizes educational programs to upgrade and keep abreast of changes in Respiratory Care.
- Utilizes electronic medical record and its interface with the Respiratory Care Department.
- Approves the purchase and repair of capital equipment. Maintains an inventory control of all equipment and supplies in the department.
Requires repetitive physical activity. Able to walk and stand to perform duties. Ability to lift materials 20-50 pounds. Ability to move patients of all age groups. Adequate hearing and eyesight is necessary. Exposures to working environment that may include odors, low lighting, and crowded working conditions. Must be able to speak and understand English.Education, Experience and Certifications
Graduate of an AMA-approved school of Respiratory Care required. Credentialed as a Registered Respiratory Therapist (RRT) by the National Board for Respiratory Care required. Currently licensed as a Respiratory Care Practitioner for the state of North Carolina required. Associates degree in Respiratory Therapy with a minimum of five years in a Respiratory Care Department or a RRT equivalent with a minimum of eight to ten years in a Respiratory Care Department required. Working knowledge of all phases of Respiratory Care technology pertinent to this position plus two years of management experience required. Bachelors degree preferred. Basic Life Support for healthcare providers thru the American Heart Association required. Advanced certificates per facility policy.
At Carolinas HealthCare System, our patients, communities and teammates are at the center of everything we do. Our commitment to diversity and inclusion allows us to deliver care that is superior in quality and compassion across our network of more than 900 care locations.
As a leading, innovative health system, we promote an environment where differences are valued and integrated into our workforce. Our culture of inclusion and cultural competence allows us to achieve our goals and deliver the best possible experience to patients and the communities we serve.
Posting Notes: Not Applicable
Carolinas HealthCare System is an EOE/AA Employer