Carolinas HealthCare System
Job Req ID: 141764
Position Number: 00014016
Employment Type: Full Time
Shift Details: 7:00pm-7:00am
Standard Hours:Â 40.00
Department Name: Security
Location: Carolinas Medical Center
Location Details:Â CMC
Â Job Summary
Oversees a fixed post or patrols an assigned area to preserve peace and order, to protect persons and property, and to perform duties relating to the welfare and safety of the team members, patients, visitors, and property of Carolinas Healthcare System. Reports any unauthorized or suspicious persons, unsafe conditions or other irregularities.Essential Functions
- Enforces the rules, regulations, policies and procedures of Carolinas Healthcare System.
- Provides assistance to team members, patients, and visitors.
- Documents observations, hazards, and incidents for follow-up corrective action.
- Assists with traffic and parking patrol.
- Takes immediate corrective action against hazards and conditions which may cause injury or damage.
- Reports any actions needed or taken to upper management.
- Assists with proactive loss prevention program.
- Attends in-service classes related to the Department and its function.
Works majority of time with visitors, team members, and patients. Exposed to combative individuals. Walks, stands for extended periods of time, both inside and outside in a fast-paced environment. May be exposed to unfavorable weather conditions. Based on the physical requirements for this position all applicants for this position are required to undergo a physical ability test as a condition of employment.Education, Experience and Certifications
High School Diploma or GED required. Valid NC or SC driver's license required. Must pass a CHS mandated, psychological evaluation prior to and during employment. Must be able to pass standard security training program including Nonviolent Crisis Intervention, defensive tactics, baton and Taser use. Previous security, military, law enforcement experience or related field preferred.
At Carolinas HealthCare System, our patients, communities and teammates are at the center of everything we do. Our commitment to diversity and inclusion allows us to deliver care that is superior in quality and compassion across our network of more than 900 care locations.
As a leading, innovative health system, we promote an environment where differences are valued and integrated into our workforce. Our culture of inclusion and cultural competence allows us to achieve our goals and deliver the best possible experience to patients and the communities we serve.
Posting Notes: Not Applicable
Carolinas HealthCare System is an EOE/AA Employer