Carolinas HealthCare System
Job Req ID: 141304
Position Number: 00070091
Employment Type: Full Time
Shift Details: M-F, 7a-4p
Standard Hours:Â 40.00
Department Name: Physicians Office
Location: MMG Southpark
Â Job Summary
Assists with the front desk responsibilities of a medical practice.Essential Functions
- Greets and registers patients.
- Verifies insurance and demographic information.
- Checks patients in and out and makes appointments as indicated.
- Collects co-pays and patient payments.
- Answers phones.
- Answers basic patient billing questions and/or directs to PBO/UBO.
- Monitors and resolves registration errors.
- Completes referrals and authorizations as needed.
- Assists with some financial counseling duties as needed.
- Completes charge entry in a timely manner, as needed.
Must be able to sit for long periods of time and work in a fast-paced office environment. Should be able to bend and lift up to 10 lbs.Education, Experience and Certifications
High School Diploma or GED required. Computer experience required. Customer Service experience required. Experience with Medical Records Software preferred, Front desk practice experience preferred.
At Carolinas HealthCare System, our patients, communities and teammates are at the center of everything we do. Our commitment to diversity and inclusion allows us to deliver care that is superior in quality and compassion across our network of more than 900 care locations.
As a leading, innovative health system, we promote an environment where differences are valued and integrated into our workforce. Our culture of inclusion and cultural competence allows us to achieve our goals and deliver the best possible experience to patients and the communities we serve.
Posting Notes: Not Applicable
Carolinas HealthCare System is an EOE/AA Employer