Carolinas HealthCare System
Job Req ID: 146171
Position Number: 00121459
Employment Type: Full Time
Shift: Variable/On Call
Shift Details: 40 hours per week. 8-4:30. Position does require weekend, weekday and holiday call.
Standard Hours:Â 40.00
Department Name: NSG - Endoscopy
Location: CHS Northeast
Location Details:Â CHS Northeast
Â Job Summary
Assists physicians with Endoscopic procedures. Assists in providing patient care under the direct supervision of the Registered Nurse. Maintains a clean, safe patient environment and performs job responsibilities in a safe manner. Assists with care of Gl patients, neonate through the geriatric years.Essential Functions
- Performs personal care for the comfort and well being of the patient; including but not limited to assisting patients with bedpan and/or with ambulating to the restroom, transfers to bed, wheelchair and/or stretcher, turning and positioning patients. Escorts patients as needed.
- Sets up rooms for procedures including setting up computer with patient's name and procedure, making occupied and unoccupied beds. Assists with room/unit inventory, ordering and distribution of supplies.
- Cleans and sterilizes, or high level disinfection, the endoscopes.
- Assists with oxygen therapy by maintenance of oxygen therapy, safety measures and care of oxygen equipment.
- Takes temperature, pulse, respiration and blood pressure.
- Precepts new Gl technicians/NA's.
Work requires consistent walking, standing, sitting, lifting, reaching, bending, stooping, pushing and pulling. Must be able to lift and support the weight of 51 pounds in handling patients, medical equipment and supplies. Must have good manual and finger dexterity.Education, Experience and Certifications
High School Diploma or GED required. Surgical or Gl Technology training required and/or NA I or NA II with Department of Facility Services required. Basic Life Support for Healthcare Provider (BLS HCP) from AHA required. Successful completion of the SGNA Gl Associates Program required. Must maintain 6 educational contact hours annually in the Gl field of study. Must be able to speak, read and write proficiently in English. Computer skills including knowledge of CHS standard software preferred.
At Carolinas HealthCare System, our patients, communities and teammates are at the center of everything we do. Our commitment to diversity and inclusion allows us to deliver care that is superior in quality and compassion across our network of more than 900 care locations.
As a leading, innovative health system, we promote an environment where differences are valued and integrated into our workforce. Our culture of inclusion and cultural competence allows us to achieve our goals and deliver the best possible experience to patients and the communities we serve.
Posting Notes: Not Applicable
Carolinas HealthCare System is an EOE/AA Employer