Carolinas HealthCare System
Job Req ID: 157507
Position Number: 00162806
Employment Type: Full Time
Shift Details: 7a-3p with rotating weekends
Standard Hours:Â 40.00
Department Name: NSG - Certified Unit
Location: Cleveland Pines Nursing Center
Carolinas HealthCare System is Atrium Health. Our mission remains the same: to improve health, elevate hope and advance healing - for all. The name Atrium Health allows us to grow beyond our current walls and geographical borders to impact as many lives as possible and deliver solutions that help communities thrive. For more information, please visit carolinashealthcare.org/AtriumHealth
Â Job Summary
Assists in providing patient/resident care under the direct supervision and control of the Registered Nurse/Licensed Practical Nurse. Assists in maintaining a clean, safe patient/resident environment and performs job responsibilities in a safe manner. Maintains clinical and professional competencies as appropriate to the ages, developmental stages and special needs of the patients/residents served. Possesses the knowledge and clinical skills necessary to provide care for people with physical disability and chronic illness. Essential Functions
- Performs personal care for the comfort and well-being of the patient/resident; includes bed bath, tub bath, shower, sitz bath, mouth care, skin care, hair care and nail care.
- Serves and collects food trays. Feeds patients/residents and records dietary intake.
- Distributes ice, water and nourishments. Measures and records intake and output.
- Assists the patient/resident with bedpan, urinal, bedside commode, bowel and bladder training.
- Records daily bowel function. Applies condom catheters.
- Collects and tests specimens (urine, feces, sputum).
- Administers cleansing, fleet and/or retention enema.
- Provides perineal and catheter care.
- Empties drainage device from body cavities/wounds and records.
- Assists with simple non-sterile dressing changes, application and removal of ace bandages, sequential compression device, heat application.
- Makes occupied and unoccupied beds.
- Performs pm care to promote patient/resident comfort.
- Takes and records temperature, pulse, respiration, blood pressure.
- Obtains and records patient/resident weight and height.
- Turns and positions patients/residents.
- Does not initiate but may participate in the application and removal of restraint devices as directed by the Registered Nurse or Licensed Care Provider.
- Assists in monitoring the patient/resident in restraints for safety, circulation, hydration, nutrition and elimination.
- Assists with post mortem care.
- Assists patients/residents with transfers to bed, wheel chair stretcher.
- Assists with Range of Motion exercises.
- Provides continuous observation of a patient/resident or patients/residents when assigned to serve in this capacity.
- Provides continuous observation for assigned patients/residents on suicide precautions or patients/residents in behavior management restraints.
Work consistently requires walking, standing, sitting, lifting, reaching, bending, stretching, stooping, pushing and pulling. Must be able to lift and support the weight of 35 pounds in handling patients/residents, medical equipment and supplies. Must speak and understand English with the ability to communicate effectively. Manual and finger dexterity. Education, Experience and Certifications
High school diploma or equivalent preferred. Completion of an approved Nurse Aide Training Program or student nurses meeting the listing requirements of the DFS Nurse Aide Registry. Current listing with the DFS Nurse Aide Registry as a Nurse Aide I. Current American Heart Association Basic Cardiac Life Support Healthcare Provider certification.
At Carolinas HealthCare System, our patients, communities and teammates are at the center of everything we do. Our commitment to diversity and inclusion allows us to deliver care that is superior in quality and compassion across our network of more than 900 care locations.
As a leading, innovative health system, we promote an environment where differences are valued and integrated into our workforce. Our culture of inclusion and cultural competence allows us to achieve our goals and deliver the best possible experience to patients and the communities we serve.
Posting Notes: Not Applicable
Carolinas HealthCare System is an EOE/AA Employer