Carolinas HealthCare System
Job Req ID: 157184
Position Number: 00118941
Employment Type: Full Time
Shift Details: M-F 8a-5p
Standard Hours:Â 40.00
Department Name: Family Practice Center
Location: Riverwood Medical Associates
Carolinas HealthCare System is Atrium Health. Our mission remains the same: to improve health, elevate hope and advance healing - for all. The name Atrium Health allows us to grow beyond our current walls and geographical borders to impact as many lives as possible and deliver solutions that help communities thrive. For more information, please visit carolinashealthcare.org/AtriumHealth
Â Job Summary
Performs routine and complex clinical laboratory procedures. Assures quality, efficiency, and safety in the performance of technical work. Recognizes unusual results and difficulties while performing these procedures and makes necessary simple corrections and adjustments. Orients others to the proper performance of routine procedures.Essential Functions
- Maintains up-to-date laboratory manuals and is familiar with regulations of inspecting bodies and helps with their implementation.
- Completes assigned workload within established turnaround times by organizing the work according to test ordering status. Assesses the urgency of a test and uses this assessment to select the order in which the tasks are performed.
- Prepares specimens for testing, verifies patient identification on samples and test requisitions before testing, applies rules of specimen rejection, and arranges for recollection when necessary.
- Uses and maintains equipment and instruments used in test performance. Performs and documents maintenance and quality control.
- Prepares reagents as required for test performance.
- Calculates, reports and maintains records of test results.
- Reviews test results and immediately notifies, and documents notification of all critical values, the physician or nurse/PCA.
- Performs phlebotomy and finger sticks as needed.
Works in an environment with physicians and other healthcare teammates. Works in an area that contains biohazardous (infectious) materials along with chemical, fire, and mechanical hazards. Requires full range of body motion including manual and finger dexterity and eye-hand coordination. Frequent walking, sitting, bending and standing for extended periods of time. Lifts and carries items up to 25 pounds. Requires visual acuity and normal color perception. Education, Experience and Certifications
High School Diploma or GED required. Completion of a program for Clinical Lab Assistants or Medical Lab Technicians required. Certification by a nationally recognized agency/board or equivalent experience required. Laboratory experience preferred.
At Carolinas HealthCare System, our patients, communities and teammates are at the center of everything we do. Our commitment to diversity and inclusion allows us to deliver care that is superior in quality and compassion across our network of more than 900 care locations.
As a leading, innovative health system, we promote an environment where differences are valued and integrated into our workforce. Our culture of inclusion and cultural competence allows us to achieve our goals and deliver the best possible experience to patients and the communities we serve.
Posting Notes: Not Applicable
Carolinas HealthCare System is an EOE/AA Employer