Carolinas HealthCare System
Job Req ID: 154686
Position Number: 00156806
Employment Type: Full Time
Shift: Variable/On Call
Standard Hours:Â 40.00
Department Name: Endocrinology
Location: NorthEast Endocrinology
Â Job Summary
Assists patients and providers with coordinating of referrals, obtaining authorizations and scheduling. This position is also responsible for understanding benefits coverage and ensures patient's care is coordinated.Essential Functions
- Completes referrals for patients and coordinates with referring and receiving practices and/or departments.
- May coordinate and prepare financial estimates for patients.
- Obtains all authorizations needed.
- Directs patients to providers in their insurance plan.
- Reviews benefits and educates patient on insurance coverage.
- Coordinates and schedules surgical procedures, diagnostic testing, or other services within various departments with internal and ancillary providers.
- Reviews schedules and confirms schedules are accurate and time is properly allocated.
- Follows up on all referrals to ensure no care gaps.
Must be able to sit for long periods of time and work in a fast-paced office environment. Should be able to bend and lift up to 10 lbs.Education, Experience and Certifications
High School Diploma or GED required. Computer experience required. Thorough understanding of Insurance coverage (FSC/Coverage/Plan types) and Medical Necessity policies preferred. Knowledge of medical records software preferred. Customer service experience required.
At Carolinas HealthCare System, our patients, communities and teammates are at the center of everything we do. Our commitment to diversity and inclusion allows us to deliver care that is superior in quality and compassion across our network of more than 900 care locations.
As a leading, innovative health system, we promote an environment where differences are valued and integrated into our workforce. Our culture of inclusion and cultural competence allows us to achieve our goals and deliver the best possible experience to patients and the communities we serve.
Posting Notes: Not Applicable
Carolinas HealthCare System is an EOE/AA Employer