Carolinas HealthCare System
Job Req ID: 176438
Position Number: 00125552
Employment Type: Full Time
Shift: Variable/On Call
Shift Details: 7:00am-4:00pm, Monday-Friday and weekends as needed
Standard Hours:Â 40.00
Department Name: Central Supply
Location: CHS University
Location Details:Â CHS University
Carolinas HealthCare System is Atrium Health. Our mission remains the same: to improve health, elevate hope and advance healing - for all. The name Atrium Health allows us to grow beyond our current walls and geographical borders to impact as many lives as possible and deliver solutions that help communities thrive. For more information, please visit carolinashealthcare.org/AtriumHealth
Â Job Summary
Manages and coordinates the distribution of materials for production and delivery via the inventory, picking and re-stock process. Performs analysis of materials re-stock, picking, inventory and delivery process to determine optimum control levels to eliminate inventory and re-stock errors. Provides support to production scheduling on all material flow issues to meet production schedules and customer requirements.Essential Functions
- Manages the overall activities of the Distribution Center.
- Assigns and directs the activities of the staff.
- Assures that all functions are working properly, effectively and in accordance with policy and procedures.
- Ensures leadership routinely receives reports on the activities of the department.
- Verifies that all personnel practices job safety and has the proper training for each job assignment.
- Hires, terminates and disciplines employees as warranted and in keeping with the practice of CHS and the Director of Materials Management.
- Assures proper coverage of personnel on a twenty-four hour, seven-day a week operation.
- Provides assistance to all persons for proper procedure for requisitioning supplies from the Distribution Center.
Must be able to lift seventy 70 pounds and push or pull up to 500 pounds. Requires walking, standing, sitting and working in elevated positions for long periods of time.Education, Experience and Certifications
Associates Degree required. Bachelors Degree in Business Administration preferred. 7 years experience in supervising and managing a distribution center and hospital materials management personnel required.
At Atrium Health, formerly Carolinas HealthCare System, our patients, communities and teammates are at the center of everything we do. Our commitment to diversity and inclusion allows us to deliver care that is superior in quality and compassion across our network of more than 900 care locations.
As a leading, innovative health system, we promote an environment where differences are valued and integrated into our workforce. Our culture of inclusion and cultural competence allows us to achieve our goals and deliver the best possible experience to patients and the communities we serve.
Posting Notes: Not Applicable
Carolinas HealthCare System is an EOE/AA Employer