Carolinas HealthCare System
Job Req ID: 176450
Position Number: 00139068
Employment Type: PRN
Shift: Variable/On Call
Standard Hours:Â 4.00
Department Name: Sports Medicine/Events
Location: CHS Northeast
Carolinas HealthCare System is Atrium Health. Our mission remains the same: to improve health, elevate hope and advance healing - for all. The name Atrium Health allows us to grow beyond our current walls and geographical borders to impact as many lives as possible and deliver solutions that help communities thrive. For more information, please visit carolinashealthcare.org/AtriumHealth
Â Job Summary
Works as a team member of Special Events Emergency Team to deliver optimal patient care in the prehospital setting at customer venues. Provides assessment and appropriate interventions according to North Carolina OEMS guidelines and established hospital policy. Must be thoroughly familiar and able to perform interventions at level of training with all equipment and supplies at all prehospital workstations, including ambulance unit. Essential Functions
- Provides direct patient care at the Emergency Medical Technician Defibrillation level according to the special events protocols, as well as NC OEMS guidelines.
- Functions as a support role to the paramedic or nurse during transport of patients from venue sites. Assist with packaging, loading, and providing care to the patient at the EMT-D level as directed.
- Drives the vehicles according to special events policy as well as state and local law. Ensure the safety of all passengers at all times.
- Ensures that the entire vehicle is cleaned and restocked after each event and/or patient transport.
- Reports any safety hazards to the lead paramedic or Assistant Director. If using a MCA ambulance, report any safety hazards to the MCA charge person as soon as possible.
- Documents patient condition and all treatment provided while maintaining patient confidentiality.
- Maintains necessary certifications, skills, required continuing education, and mandatory in services.
Must have good physical stamina, endurance and body which would not be adversely affected by having to lift, carry, and balance at times in excess of 125 pounds (250 pounds with assistance). Motor coordination is necessary because of uneven terrain. Both the patient's and the team member's well being must not be jeopardized. Hearing must be in normal range as well as near visual acuity to be able to take accurate vital signs and to detect any deterioration in the patients condition. Normal eye-hand coordination and finger dexterity to give injections, medications and intravenous therapy. Must have good oral communication skills to take patient history, give instruction and communicate with physician about patient care.Education, Experience and Certifications
Current NC EMT certification required. BCLS required. Current Drivers License required. National EMT registry preferred. 1 to 2 years experience with a 911 service as an EMT required.
At Atrium Health, formerly Carolinas HealthCare System, our patients, communities and teammates are at the center of everything we do. Our commitment to diversity and inclusion allows us to deliver care that is superior in quality and compassion across our network of more than 900 care locations.
As a leading, innovative health system, we promote an environment where differences are valued and integrated into our workforce. Our culture of inclusion and cultural competence allows us to achieve our goals and deliver the best possible experience to patients and the communities we serve.
Posting Notes: Not Applicable
Carolinas HealthCare System is an EOE/AA Employer