Carolinas HealthCare System
Job Req ID: 178596
Position Number: 00160085
Employment Type: Full Time
Shift Details: 7a-7p & every 3rd weekend
Standard Hours:Â 36.00
Department Name: NSG - Medical Unit One North
Location: Atrium Health Kings Mountain
Carolinas HealthCare System is Atrium Health. Our mission remains the same: to improve health, elevate hope and advance healing - for all. The name Atrium Health allows us to grow beyond our current walls and geographical borders to impact as many lives as possible and deliver solutions that help communities thrive. For more information, please visit carolinashealthcare.org/AtriumHealth
Â Job Summary
Performs nursing care and assists with planning and implementing care for the comfort and well being of the patient under the direct supervision of a registered nurse. Assists in maintaining a safe working environment, performs all related job responsibilities in a safe manner and maintains clinical and professional competency as appropriate to the ages, developmental stages, and special needs of the patients served. Essential Functions
- Participates in patient assessments by determining nursing care needs based upon collection and interpretation of relevant data.
- Recognizes and determines need for immediate intervention.
- Demonstrates knowledge which enables the following: documentation of patient observations, treatments, patient response to treatment and nursing care utilizing the nursing process, participates actively in treatment and assisting with procedures.
- Assists with development/revision of the plan of care by providing data and identifying potential goals and intervention for review by the RN.
- Communicates with the appropriate clinical staff on the status of a patient if a significant change has occurred.
- Implements the identified plan under the supervision of the RN, ensuring tasks have been completed.
- Aware of patient's progress and goals as demonstrated by documentation in the medical records.
- Organizes workload and prioritizes responsibilities to ensure quality patient care is delivered in a time efficient manner.
- Attains knowledge and competence that reflects current nursing practice and performs only those nursing skills which they are competent to perform in accordance with legal boundaries and facility policies and procedures.
- Documents assessments, procedures, patient/family education, and the communication of information to appropriate members of the healthcare team in a timely manner.
- Provides and assesses effectiveness of patient and family education under the direction of the registered nurse within the scope of practice as defined by law.
Work requires walking, standing, sitting, lifting, reaching, bending, pushing, and pulling. Must be able to lift and support the weight of 35 pounds when handling patients, medical equipment and supplies. Understands and speaks fluent English. Must have intact sense of sight, hearing, smell, and touch, finger dexterity, critical thinking and ability to concentrate. Must be able to respond quickly to changes in the patient and unit conditions. Based on the physical requirements for this position all applicants for this position are required to undergo a physical ability test as a condition of employment. Education, Experience and Certifications
Graduation from an accredited school of practical nursing required. Current LPN licensure or temporary license as a licensed practical nurse petitioner required. Basic Life Support for Healthcare Provider (BLS HCP) from AHA required.
At Atrium Health, formerly Carolinas HealthCare System, our patients, communities and teammates are at the center of everything we do. Our commitment to diversity and inclusion allows us to deliver care that is superior in quality and compassion across our network of more than 900 care locations.
As a leading, innovative health system, we promote an environment where differences are valued and integrated into our workforce. Our culture of inclusion and cultural competence allows us to achieve our goals and deliver the best possible experience to patients and the communities we serve.
Posting Notes: Not Applicable
Carolinas HealthCare System is an EOE/AA Employer