Carolinas HealthCare System
Job Req ID: 180383
Position Number: 00162557
Employment Type: Full Time
Shift Details: Mon-Fri 8a-5p
Standard Hours:Â 40.00
Department Name: NICU Developmental Clinic
Location Details:Â NICU Developmental Clinic
Carolinas HealthCare System is Atrium Health. Our mission remains the same: to improve health, elevate hope and advance healing - for all. The name Atrium Health allows us to grow beyond our current walls and geographical borders to impact as many lives as possible and deliver solutions that help communities thrive. For more information, please visit carolinashealthcare.org/AtriumHealth
Â Job Summary
The Nurse Clinician Provides and assists in providing comprehensive patient care to neonatal/pediatric patients in an identified specialized area.Essential Functions
- Utilizes the nursing process to assess plan of care and education for an identified patient population.
- Coordinates the evaluation, testing, management and follow up of patients in collaboration with the attending physician and other members of the healthcare team.
- Promotes and assists with the development of education materials for patients and families in support of clinical practice of the medical team.
- Provides in-services pertinent to patient care for hospital personnel and other healthcare providers.
- Functions in a multidisciplinary capacity with other health care professionals.
- Participates in research projects related to the patient population served.
- Participates with performance improvement activities.
- Interprets and analyzes data.
- Participates with committee and governance activities.
- Assists with development of policies, procedures and standards reflective of current trends/literature.
Work requires walking, standing, sitting, lifting, reaching, stooping, bending, pushing, and pulling. Must be able to lift and support the weight of 20 pounds shoulder high in handling patients, medical equipment, and supplies. Must speak English in good, understandable terms. Intact sense of sight, hearing, smell, and touch. Finger dexterity. Critical thinking and ability to concentrate. Must be able to respond quickly to changes in patient condition.Education, Experience and Certifications
Graduation from accredited School of Nursing with current license to practice as a Registered Nurse or temporary license as a Registered Nurse Petitioner in the state of North Carolina. Bachelor of Science in Nursing preferred. Basic Life Support for Healthcare Provider (BLS HCP) from AHA required. 2 years experience in the care of cardiac patients required. Critical care experience required. Data management experience preferred.
At Atrium Health, formerly Carolinas HealthCare System, our patients, communities and teammates are at the center of everything we do. Our commitment to diversity and inclusion allows us to deliver care that is superior in quality and compassion across our network of more than 900 care locations.
As a leading, innovative health system, we promote an environment where differences are valued and integrated into our workforce. Our culture of inclusion and cultural competence allows us to achieve our goals and deliver the best possible experience to patients and the communities we serve.
Posting Notes: Not Applicable
Carolinas HealthCare System is an EOE/AA Employer