Carolinas HealthCare System
Job Req ID: 180557
Position Number: 00104845
Employment Type: Full Time
Shift Details: 8:30 am - 5:15 pm
Standard Hours:Â 40.00
Department Name: Northpark Pharmacy
Location: Carolinas Medical Center
Carolinas HealthCare System is Atrium Health. Our mission remains the same: to improve health, elevate hope and advance healing - for all. The name Atrium Health allows us to grow beyond our current walls and geographical borders to impact as many lives as possible and deliver solutions that help communities thrive. For more information, please visit carolinashealthcare.org/AtriumHealth
Â Job Summary
Assists the registered pharmacists in performing technical duties related to the distribution of drugs to patients. Monitors medication inventory levels and places orders to restock as necessary.Essential Functions
- Fills drug orders for all age groups from neonates to geriatrics under the direct supervision of the pharmacist.
- Delivers medications and Transports medication carts to nursing stations.
- Answers and screens telephone calls and refers calls to a pharmacist when appropriate.
- Processes charges and credits for medications.
- Fills unit dose patient cassettes and refills Pyxis medstations.
- Documents and delivers controlled substances.
- Compounds and repackages medications under the direction of a pharmacist.
- Monitors medication inventory levels and places orders to restock as necessary.
- Demonstrates proper aseptic technique in the preparation of Intravenous admixtures.
- Fills Pass med and discharge prescriptions under the supervision of a pharmacist.
- Trains and orients new teammates to department workflow and procedures.
Works primarily in the pharmacy and within nursing units. The majority of time is standing. May include exposure to cytotoxic agents. Requires pushing carts and lifting delivery boxes weighing up to 30 pounds.Education, Experience and Certifications
High School Diploma or GED required. Pharmacy Technician Board Certificate is preferred. 6 months prior Pharmacy Technician experience preferred.
At Atrium Health, formerly Carolinas HealthCare System, our patients, communities and teammates are at the center of everything we do. Our commitment to diversity and inclusion allows us to deliver care that is superior in quality and compassion across our network of more than 900 care locations.
As a leading, innovative health system, we promote an environment where differences are valued and integrated into our workforce. Our culture of inclusion and cultural competence allows us to achieve our goals and deliver the best possible experience to patients and the communities we serve.
Posting Notes: Not Applicable
Carolinas HealthCare System is an EOE/AA Employer