Carolinas HealthCare System
Job Req ID: 180914
Position Number: 00164801
Employment Type: Part Time
Shift: Variable/On Call
Shift Details: 1st shift. Hours may vary depending on the need but will be at least 20 hours per week.
Standard Hours:Â 20.00
Department Name: OB-GYN Services
Location: McAlister OBGYN Associates
Location Details:Â 447 McAlister Road, Suite 3500 Lincolnton NC 28092
Carolinas HealthCare System is Atrium Health. Our mission remains the same: to improve health, elevate hope and advance healing - for all. The name Atrium Health allows us to grow beyond our current walls and geographical borders to impact as many lives as possible and deliver solutions that help communities thrive. For more information, please visit carolinashealthcare.org/AtriumHealth
Â Job Summary
Performs obstetrical and gynecological diagnostic ultrasound procedures under the supervision of a physician.Essential Functions
- Reviews physician requisition orders and instructions concerning patient preparation for ultrasound procedure.
- Communicates to OB/GYN nursing team status of patient condition pre and post procedure.
- Performs ultrasound imaging for fetal diagnosis and anomaly detection for patients with high risk indications.
- Performs ultrasound guidance for gynecological sonography including doppler and obstetrical studies.
- Performs ultrasound studies for diagnosis including but not limited to assessment of fetal growth, development and age, evaluation of fetal anomalies and abnormal AFP screening.
- Documents procedure performed on patient medical record.
- Assists with administrative duties as requested.
Requires standing, stretching, bending, pulling and pushing patients, supplies and moving ultrasound machine. Must have the ability to grasp necessary transducers to use for sonography. Digital dexterity to enter data on ultrasound keyboard is necessary. Ability to work in a fast-paced setting and ability to handle stressful situations with empathy and professionalism is a must. Must speak English fluently. Exposure to communicable diseases.Education, Experience and Certifications
Registered Diagnostic Medical Sonographer. 2 years experience in OB-GYN required. Certified in Nuchal Translucency and Nasal Bone Imaging. Fetal Echo Registry preferred.
At Atrium Health, formerly Carolinas HealthCare System, our patients, communities and teammates are at the center of everything we do. Our commitment to diversity and inclusion allows us to deliver care that is superior in quality and compassion across our network of more than 900 care locations.
As a leading, innovative health system, we promote an environment where differences are valued and integrated into our workforce. Our culture of inclusion and cultural competence allows us to achieve our goals and deliver the best possible experience to patients and the communities we serve.
Posting Notes: Not Applicable
Carolinas HealthCare System is an EOE/AA Employer