Carolinas HealthCare System
Job Req ID: 194394
Position Number: 00155186
Employment Type: Part Time
Shift: Variable/On Call
Shift Details: various shifts and hours
Standard Hours:Â 4.00
Department Name: Clinical Nutrition
Location: CHS Northeast
Location Details:Â CHS Northeast
Carolinas HealthCare System is Atrium Health. Our mission remains the same: to improve health, elevate hope and advance healing - for all. The name Atrium Health allows us to grow beyond our current walls and geographical borders to impact as many lives as possible and deliver solutions that help communities thrive. For more information, please visit carolinashealthcare.org/AtriumHealth
Â Job Summary Do not use unless requested by Dir/AVP of Nutrition Division
Provides clinical nutrition services including medical nutrition therapy (MNT), assessment, education, developing, monitoring, and implementing MNT for patient assigned units.Essential Functions
- Assesses nutritional status of patients utilizing current scientific literature on methodology and relates this information to medical status, anthropometric data, clinical assessment and dietary evaluation of the patient.
- Completes all required documentation including nutritional care plan, assessments, consultations, nutrient intake analyses and patient education in the patient's medical record and on all required documentation tools in a timely, professional and thorough manner.
- Provides and assesses effectiveness of patient and family education. Develops, evaluates and utilizes appropriate education materials for patients. Identifies learning needs using methods appropriate to each patient's developmental and educational level; evaluates and documents learner response to teaching.
- Completes consults as ordered by physicians and nurses. Consults with physicians, nurses, clinical dietitians and others to coordinate nutrition into a total patient therapy program.
- Participates in conducting meal rounds to assess nutritional intake and status of patients on assigned units and to assess quality of patient meal service. Advises department on patient care and food service issues.
- Teaches and disseminates results and findings of nutrition research to medical staff, nursing, pharmacy, patients, and public.
- Arranges for the provision of appropriate care, for newborn, pediatric, adolescent, and adult and the older adult.
Must be able to see objects closely, and far away as in reading. Must be able to discriminate color occasionally and perceive depth rarely. Must be able to hear normal sounds with some background noise. Must be able to give and receive verbal communications. Must be able to read written communications both hard copy and on a computer screen. Able to lift and carry objects weighing 25 pounds or less occasionally. The lowest point of any lift the floor. Able to push/pull objects using moderate effort occasionally. Frequently turning, climbing stairs, grasping and finger manipulation. Infrequently squatting, twisting, bending, frequent periods of walking, standing, sitting. Occasionally, feeling perception. Able to perform tasks which require arm-hand coordination.Education, Experience and Certifications
Registry eligible or registered dietitian status with the American Dietetic Association. Registered Dietitian (Commission on Dietetic Registration) and Licensed by the NC Board of Dietetics and Nutrition. RD/LDN eligible status accepted but must obtain RD/LDN status within 6 months of hire and be closely supervised by senior clinical staff until RD/LDN status obtained.
At Atrium Health, formerly Carolinas HealthCare System, our patients, communities and teammates are at the center of everything we do. Our commitment to diversity and inclusion allows us to deliver care that is superior in quality and compassion across our network of more than 900 care locations.
As a leading, innovative health system, we promote an environment where differences are valued and integrated into our workforce. Our culture of inclusion and cultural competence allows us to achieve our goals and deliver the best possible experience to patients and the communities we serve.
Posting Notes: Not Applicable
Carolinas HealthCare System is an EOE/AA Employer