New Hanover Regional Medical Center
Works in collaboration with the providers to assess, plan, provide exemplary patient care and implement a plan of care. Orders, interprets and records results of clinical tests and reports results to physicians.
1. Education: HS diploma or equivalent required.
2. Licensure / Certifications: Current LPN Licensure. CPR Certification Preferred
3. Experience: At least 1 year previous medical / physician office experience.
4. Essential Technical/Motor Skills: Must have working knowledge of practical nursing theories and policies and be able to accommodate a moderate to fast work pace. Basic clinical mathematical skills required. Must be able to accommodate a moderate to fast work pace. Have excellent customer service skills. Must be able to operate within Microsoft programs such as Outlook, Word, and Excel. Prior experience in an EMR (electronic medical record) environment preferred. IDX experience a plus.
5. Interpersonal Skills: Must be able to relate and interact with internal and external customers in a positive manner. Ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing.
6. Essential Physical Requirements: Must be able to stoop and pick up objects from the floor, file, etc, without restrictions. Must have full use of hand and arms to reasonably assist immobile patients.
7. Essential Mental Abilities: Must possess clarity of thinking and interpretation, along with good intuition and an ability to anticipate the needs of patients and providers. Ability to organize and rationalize easily and quickly, is required
8. Exposure to Hazards: Exposure to chemicals and disinfectants Exposure to bodily fluids, latex, as well as a risk to exposure of Infectious Disease.
9. Hours of Work: Generally, 8-5, M-F. Some weekend work may be required.
10. Population Served: All internal and external customers, patients and clinicians.