UNC Health Care
Administrative Specialist needed for Emergency Services Administration
The Administrative Specialist position is responsible for providing administrative support; assist with Emergency Department billing, leading the billing team in tasks, including ED/Observations/ ED to ED transfers and consolidation of accounts. This position will work with Revenue Integrity and must know the billing processes for the hospital setting. The Administrative Specialist is also considered the subject matter authority in the administrative area for the department/clinic.
Duties to include but not limited to the following.
1. Serves as point person for all complex customer service and administrative issues. Interprets and communicates policies/procedures to other parties based on knowledge of the organization and departmental guidelines. Routinely provides guidance and direction to lower-level staff. Investigates patient and provider complaints and provides reports with root causes and service recovery.
2. Determines administrative needs and makes arrangements for conferences, meetings, seminars or other related activities.
3. Prepares EPIC reports, charts, graphs, spreadsheets at designated intervals as requested. Composes formal correspondence and documents for internal or external circulation.
4. Extracts and compiles data from written sources, individuals, and / or databases and provides interpretation.
5. Coordinates and completes special projects independently or in cooperation with other groups as assigned.
6. Performs internal audits, including trauma
This is a 40 hours per week day shift position
High School diploma or GED. Five (5) years of clerical experience of increasing variety and/or complexity.
If a Bachelor's degree: One (1) year of clerical experience of increasing variety and/or complexity.
If anAssociate's degree:Three (3) years of clerical experience of increasing variety and/or complexity.
Prefer experience in billing and strong communication skills.