Carolinas HealthCare System
Job Req ID: 198289
Position Number: 00137691
Employment Type: Full Time
Shift: Variable/On Call
Standard Hours:Â 40.00
Department Name: Sleep Medicine
Location: CHS Medical Group Sleep Svs
Carolinas HealthCare System is Atrium Health. Our mission remains the same: to improve health, elevate hope and advance healing - for all. The name Atrium Health allows us to grow beyond our current walls and geographical borders to impact as many lives as possible and deliver solutions that help communities thrive. For more information, please visit carolinashealthcare.org/AtriumHealth
Â Job Summary
Our team members are part of an environment that fosters health, hope and healing-for all, driven by the principles of Our Atrium Health Way to create a welcoming and professional environment. Supports and functions under the direction of the care team with various office and clinical duties to keep our healthcare practice running efficiently. This includes tasks such as patient intake at office visit, exceptional patient care, documentation, vaccine and medication administration, clerical, environmental, and organizational tasks. Essential Functions
- Exemplify caring and compassionate customer service to create an excellent patient experience
- Provide exemplary interpersonal skills and ability to interact with patients and families in a wide variety of sensitive situations
- Demonstrates critical thinking skills and decisive judgment in an often-hectic environment and possess the ability to work cohesively on a team and independently with minimal supervision
- Follows patient intake/rooming work policies in place at the practice and maintains examination areas
- Assists with performing screening and treatments by gathering information related to health maintenance and documenting patient care
- Updates health maintenance at patient visit, accurately identifies medication changes and updates allergy information at each visit
- Utilizes standard precautions, complies with policies and other Regulatory Agency standards
- Assists with patient inquiries for prescription refills, appointment scheduling, and referral authorization
- Completes CLIA approved waived laboratory tests and practice-specific diagnostic testing in adherence to CLIA standards
- Conduct Point of Care testing (POCT) per standing order/provider order. Performs Quality Control and maintenance for Point of Care in-office lab procedures, as applicable.
- Performs venipuncture. May be required to assist with collection of specimens of body fluids such as urine and blood for laboratory testing. Completes lab requisitions and prepares specimens for pick-up.
- Ensures ordered laboratory and diagnostic tests are tracked and logged, and that the care team is presented with test results
- Monitors inventory and stock medications, narcotics, and emergency medications/equipment
Work consistently requires walking, standing, sitting, lifting, reaching, bending, stooping, pushing, and pulling. Must be able to lift and support the weight of 35 lbs in handling patients, medical equipment, and supplies. Possible exposure to communicable diseases. Must speak, read, and write Basic English fluently. Intact senses of sight, hearing, smell, and touch. Manual finger dexterity.Education, Experience and Certifications
High school graduate or equivalent required. Current American Heart Association (AHA) BLS certification required. Must maintain current certification. Recognized/certified as a CMA or RMA by one of the following National Organizations: American Association of Medical Assistants (AAMA), National HealthCareer Association (NHA), National Healthcare Worker's Association (NHCWA), National Center for Competency Testing (NCCT), American Registry of Medical Assistants (ARMA) American Medical Technologists (AMT), National Association for Health Professionals (NAHP), National Registry of Medical Assistants (NRMA). Candidate must possess one of the following: A)Completion of an accredited Medical Assistant program B)Intermediate EMT or Paramedic Program with 3 years prior clinical experience required. C)Structured military training which is clinical in nature per DD214. D)Graduate of an Accredited School of Professional Nursing. E)3 years on the job training and successful completion of Medical Group approved competency assessment.
At Atrium Health, formerly Carolinas HealthCare System, our patients, communities and teammates are at the center of everything we do. Our commitment to diversity and inclusion allows us to deliver care that is superior in quality and compassion across our network of more than 900 care locations.
As a leading, innovative health system, we promote an environment where differences are valued and integrated into our workforce. Our culture of inclusion and cultural competence allows us to achieve our goals and deliver the best possible experience to patients and the communities we serve.
Posting Notes: Not Applicable
Carolinas HealthCare System is an EOE/AA Employer