Granville Health System
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Performs sanitizing and disinfecting work throughout the hospital, Brantwood and clinics in patient care areas, exam rooms, waiting rooms, restrooms, offices, meeting rooms, etc.
2. Performs general cleaning tasks such as but not limited to trash/recycling/biohazard removal, dusting, wet wiping, glass cleaning, vacuuming, spotting, polishing and mopping.
3. Adds and performs sections of "Detail Cleaning" such as wiping ceiling vents, high/low dusting, wiping furniture, edge vacuuming and baseboard cleaning.
4. Performs basic equipment care, checks for wear and damage on assigned equipment.
5. Complies with department Quality Control Reports and makes corrections to work quality quickly.
6. Must stay current and knowledgeable on proper disinfection practices and infection control requirements by following Granville Medical standards and techniques for infection reduction.
7. Observes and inspects assigned areas for maintenance and security needs and reports needed repairs as soon as possible.
8. Keeps paper and chemical supplies stored in work rooms neat and organized.
9. Keeps Housekeeping cart clean and stocked.
10. Follows the rules and intent of the department's regulations and safety guidelines.
11. Performs other duties as assigned.
High School Diploma or General Education Degree (GED) required. Must have ability to read, write, speak and follow written and oral instructions and directions. On the job training is provided, must have knowledge of basic principles of cleaning and ability to complete work as assigned. Previous housekeeping experience is desirable.
* Frequently required to stand, walk, stoop, kneel or crouch.
* Required to use hands to handle or feel objects, tools or controls.
* Occasionally required to lift and/or move up to 50 pounds of department supplies and equipment
7a-330p, every other weekend required