Carolinas HealthCare System
Job Req ID: 199070
Position Number: 00011065
Employment Type: Full Time
Shift: Variable/On Call
Shift Details: various shifts and hours
Standard Hours:Â 40.00
Department Name: Guest Services
Location: Carolinas Medical Center
Location Details:Â CMC Main
Carolinas HealthCare System is Atrium Health. Our mission remains the same: to improve health, elevate hope and advance healing - for all. The name Atrium Health allows us to grow beyond our current walls and geographical borders to impact as many lives as possible and deliver solutions that help communities thrive. For more information, please visit carolinashealthcare.org/AtriumHealth
Â Job Summary
Performs guest assistant duties to include patient escorting, assisting clinical staff with transferring patients from bed to transport equipment.Essential Functions
- Escorts patients, guests, and visitors to points of destination using ambulatory, beds, cribs, stretchers, and wheelchairs.
- Possesses knowledge and appropriate use of hospital paging system.
- Uses hospital telephone system as it relates to transport tracking to accept transport orders, put jobs in progress and complete jobs.
- Assists nursing and various clinical staff with the transferring of patients from bed to transport equipment.
- Transports and provides room orientation for admissions.
- Provides directional information to guests and visitors and patient location to patient's family members and guests.
- Verifies registration of outpatients and transport to appropriate departments or clinics.
- Retrieves, cleans, and stores all unused patient transport equipment.
Must be able to stand or walk for long periods of time. Must be able to push and pull all modes of patient transport equipment. Ability to lift a minimum of 50 pounds moving and lifting patients. Exposure to hazardous materials. Job involves working in a fast paced environment. Based on the physical requirements for this position all applicants for this position are required to undergo a physical ability test as a condition of employment.Education, Experience and Certifications
High school diploma or equivalent required. Customer service and excellent interpersonal skills required. Computer or data entry skills preferred. Prior experience in healthcare, hotel, or restaurant preferred.
At Atrium Health, formerly Carolinas HealthCare System, our patients, communities and teammates are at the center of everything we do. Our commitment to diversity and inclusion allows us to deliver care that is superior in quality and compassion across our network of more than 900 care locations.
As a leading, innovative health system, we promote an environment where differences are valued and integrated into our workforce. Our culture of inclusion and cultural competence allows us to achieve our goals and deliver the best possible experience to patients and the communities we serve.
Posting Notes: Not Applicable
Carolinas HealthCare System is an EOE/AA Employer