Carolinas HealthCare System
Job Req ID: 199511
Position Number: 00168452
Employment Type: Part Time
Shift: Variable/On Call
Standard Hours:Â 4.00
Department Name: Radiology - Ultrasound
Location: Atrium Health Cleveland
Carolinas HealthCare System is Atrium Health. Our mission remains the same: to improve health, elevate hope and advance healing - for all. The name Atrium Health allows us to grow beyond our current walls and geographical borders to impact as many lives as possible and deliver solutions that help communities thrive. For more information, please visit carolinashealthcare.org/AtriumHealth
Â Job Summary
Prioritizes and coordinates ultrasound exams with nursing units, radiologists, and referring physicians. Performs ultrasound exams in accordance to departmental protocols and standards. Provides adequate patient care as it relates to the exam requested. Operates ultrasound and associated equipment with proficiency. Essential Functions
- Examines requests and verifies orders on each assigned patient
- Assists Radiologist in performance of invasive procedures
- Evaluates technical quality of exam and develops a superior varied technique for elevated efficiency in the department
- Supports and contributes to the Patient-Centered Care Philosophy by understanding that every staff member is a Caregiver, whose role is to meet the needs of each patient.
- Reports malfunctioning equipment to the Assistant Director, Lead Sonographer and/or Engineer.
- Operates the Radiology computer system to include entering and charging exams and supplies.
- Maintains assigned work area in a neat and orderly fashion. Assists in keeping the area completely stocked.
- Adheres to departmental rules and regulations while performing in a professional manner always
Requires moderate to heavy physical efforts in lifting and moving patients, equipment and supplies up to 600 pounds with assistance. Work requires walking, standing, reaching, stooping, bending, pushing, pulling and lifting during normal operation. Requires mental skills to read and comprehend patient orders and technical materials. Motor coordination needed to operate heavy and delicate equipment. Intact sense of sight and hearing. Education, Experience and Certifications
Certified by the American Registry of Diagnostic Medical Sonographers or American Registry of Radiologic Technologist (S) with specialty in Vascular required. One additional specialty examinations required: AB (Abdomen), BR (Breast), OB/GYN (Obstetrics and Gynecology), PS (Pediatric) or MSKS (Musculoskeletal) required. 1 year experience required. Graduate of a comprehensive medical diagnostic ultrasound program preferred. BLS HCP certification from AHA required. Interpersonal skills required.
At Atrium Health, formerly Carolinas HealthCare System, our patients, communities and teammates are at the center of everything we do. Our commitment to diversity and inclusion allows us to deliver care that is superior in quality and compassion across our network of more than 900 care locations.
As a leading, innovative health system, we promote an environment where differences are valued and integrated into our workforce. Our culture of inclusion and cultural competence allows us to achieve our goals and deliver the best possible experience to patients and the communities we serve.
Posting Notes: Not Applicable
Carolinas HealthCare System is an EOE/AA Employer