Carolinas HealthCare System
Job Req ID: 201247
Position Number: 00093989
Employment Type: Full Time
Shift Details: Days/8a-5p M-F
Standard Hours:Â 40.00
Department Name: Administration - Surgery
Location: Carolinas Medical Center
Location Details:Â Carolinas Medical Center
Carolinas HealthCare System is Atrium Health. Our mission remains the same: to improve health, elevate hope and advance healing - for all. The name Atrium Health allows us to grow beyond our current walls and geographical borders to impact as many lives as possible and deliver solutions that help communities thrive. For more information, please visit carolinashealthcare.org/AtriumHealth
Â Job Summary
Maintains data entry collection for all aspects of surgical patient information utilizing hospital based computer system. Schedules cases for Main Operating Room including dedicated Levine Children's Hospital OR cases, One Day Surgery Center, and Anesthesia cases done out of the department. Works in conjunction with various departments, surgeons, operating room staff, and managers to coordinate needs of surgical patients. Essential Functions
- Schedules all procedures for perioperative services. Coordinates specialty hospital resources and equipment needed for procedures. Obtains complete information for registration and insurance certification.
- Communicates daily with management regarding surgical conflicts and changes, implants needs, and surgeon specialty requests to avoid potential delays or cancellations.
- Ensures that procedures are scheduled in the appropriate department based on provider request.
- Confirms time and procedure with office staff on the day prior to surgery.
- Runs all required reports and schedules and sends to the appropriate department adhering to HIPPA policies.
- Performs quality assurance check for accuracy of surgery schedule. Reviews spelling, surgical times, procedure, and equipment.
This position requires to sit for long periods of time. Demonstrates the ability to react and perform appropriately to stressful situations. Walking, standing, sitting, reaching, and lifting up to 25 lbs required.Education, Experience and Certifications
High School Diploma or GED required. OR scheduling experience preferred. Completion of Medical Terminology courses required with no scheduling experience. Highly effective verbal and written communication skills required.
At Atrium Health, formerly Carolinas HealthCare System, our patients, communities and teammates are at the center of everything we do. Our commitment to diversity and inclusion allows us to deliver care that is superior in quality and compassion across our network of more than 900 care locations.
As a leading, innovative health system, we promote an environment where differences are valued and integrated into our workforce. Our culture of inclusion and cultural competence allows us to achieve our goals and deliver the best possible experience to patients and the communities we serve.
Posting Notes: Not Applicable
Carolinas HealthCare System is an EOE/AA Employer