Carolinas HealthCare System
Job Req ID: 200822
Position Number: 00158098
Employment Type: Full Time
Shift: Variable/On Call
Shift Details: 11:00 am- 7:30 pm
Standard Hours:Â 40.00
Department Name: Guest Services
Location: Atrium Health Pineville
Carolinas HealthCare System is Atrium Health. Our mission remains the same: to improve health, elevate hope and advance healing - for all. The name Atrium Health allows us to grow beyond our current walls and geographical borders to impact as many lives as possible and deliver solutions that help communities thrive. For more information, please visit carolinashealthcare.org/AtriumHealth
Â Job Summary
Provides safe, efficient and courteous transport services to patients, visitors and staff. Prioritizes transport needs and performs customer service duties to include transports, escorts, equipment requests and basic patient care. Coordinates patients, visitors and staff activities throughout the facilities. Essential Functions
- Role models a positive hospital image to patients, visitors and staff by adhering to CHS Core Values.
- Perform excellence customer service in transporting daily.
- Provide transport services to include; transports, transfers, discharges, admissions, escorts and equipment.
- Coordinate activities to guide patients, visitors/guest, and staff to desired designations within the facilities.
- Assist clinical staff with safe patient handling to include; moving patient, patient lifts, patient transfers (stand-pivot and lateral), etc.
- Provide education to patients and visitors/guest (room orientation, transport process, etc.) and answer questions regarding essential support services or provide the appropriate resource.
- Daily maintain and update required transport service data (manually or electronically).
- Assist with care and maintenance of transport equipment to ensure equipment is safe, clean, and ready for use. Inspect equipment before and after use to identify defective equipment. Report defective equipment immediately to supervisor.
- Monitor facilities to ensure environment is safe and clean (ensuring unattended equipment is removed from hallways, not blocking electrical panels, fire extinguishers or emergency exits)
- Maintain equipment inventory throughout facilities; stretchers, wheelchairs, beds, oxygen cylinders and carriers, IV poles, etc.
- Complete and maintain required training, educational programs, and certification.
- Attend meetings as required.
- Adhere to CHS, CMC-Pineville, and departmental policies and procedures.
Works in an indoor/outdoor fast-paced, customer-oriented environment. Lengthy periods of standing and walking. Ability to lift a minimum of 50 pounds for moving and lifting patients. Ability to push/pull all patient transport equipment. Ability to present a good working relationship with all departments. Ability to prioritize workload. Exposure to hazardous materials. Education, Experience and Certifications
High school diploma or equivalent required. Oral and written communication skills, organizational, typing and strong leadership skills desirable. Previous experience in a guest or public relations area is desirable. BLS certified within 6 months. Computer and data entry skills are desirable.
At Atrium Health, formerly Carolinas HealthCare System, our patients, communities and teammates are at the center of everything we do. Our commitment to diversity and inclusion allows us to deliver care that is superior in quality and compassion across our network of more than 900 care locations.
As a leading, innovative health system, we promote an environment where differences are valued and integrated into our workforce. Our culture of inclusion and cultural competence allows us to achieve our goals and deliver the best possible experience to patients and the communities we serve.
Posting Notes: Not Applicable
Carolinas HealthCare System is an EOE/AA Employer