Carolinas HealthCare System
Job Req ID: 201644
Position Number: 00114689
Employment Type: Full Time
Shift Details: Monday-Friday 1st shift
Standard Hours:Â 40.00
Department Name: PFS - Medical Necessity Dept
Location: CHS Corporate Operations
Carolinas HealthCare System is Atrium Health. Our mission remains the same: to improve health, elevate hope and advance healing - for all. The name Atrium Health allows us to grow beyond our current walls and geographical borders to impact as many lives as possible and deliver solutions that help communities thrive. For more information, please visit carolinashealthcare.org/AtriumHealth
Â Job Summary
Performs duties of moderate to high complexity, analyzes denial data, reports and work queues to depict trends and offer solutions.Essential Functions
- Subject matter expert in at least one specialty, e.g., oncology, gynecology, surgical coding (not including primary care procedures) and infusion coding including chemotherapy and infusions involving multiple drugs.
- Assigns CPT and ICD codes in cases of moderate to high complexity.
- Reads, interprets and assigns CPT codes from provider documentation, e.g., infusion record or operative report.
- Performs ICD and CPT coding of provider (professional) services and verifies that all requisite charge information is entered.
- Appends all modifiers.
- Ranks CPT codes when multiple codes apply.
- Assigns Evaluation and Management (E/M) codes.
- Performs reconciliation process to ensure all charges are captured.
- Processes automated or manually enters charges into applicable billing system.
- Researches and analyzes coding and payer specific issues.
- Processes charges on a timely basis and communicates with team members and practice management on an ongoing basis.
- Communicates with providers related to coding issues that are of moderate to high complexity. Including face to face interaction, explaining coding rationales, and education with providers.
Works in a fast-paced office/hospital environment. Work consistently requires sitting and some walking, standing, stretching, and bendingEducation, Experience and Certifications
High School Diploma or GED required. Minimum of 2 years of coding experience required. CPC or equivalent coding credential required. Maintain coding certification (CPC, CCS, RHIT, RHIA). Extensive knowledge of coding, medical terminology, anatomy, and physiology. Extensive knowledge of and the ability to apply the payer specific rules regarding coding, bundling, and adding appropriate modifiers.
At Atrium Health, formerly Carolinas HealthCare System, our patients, communities and teammates are at the center of everything we do. Our commitment to diversity and inclusion allows us to deliver care that is superior in quality and compassion across our network of more than 900 care locations.
As a leading, innovative health system, we promote an environment where differences are valued and integrated into our workforce. Our culture of inclusion and cultural competence allows us to achieve our goals and deliver the best possible experience to patients and the communities we serve.
Posting Notes: Not Applicable
Carolinas HealthCare System is an EOE/AA Employer