Carolinas HealthCare System
Job Req ID: 204559
Position Number: 00094603
Employment Type: Full Time
Shift Details: Monday-Friday, 8:00am-5:00pm
Standard Hours:Â 40.00
Department Name: Mat Mgmt MedSur/PM Contract
Location: CHS Corporate Operations
Location Details:Â Airport Center Parkway
Carolinas HealthCare System is Atrium Health. Our mission remains the same: to improve health, elevate hope and advance healing - for all. The name Atrium Health allows us to grow beyond our current walls and geographical borders to impact as many lives as possible and deliver solutions that help communities thrive. For more information, please visit carolinashealthcare.org/AtriumHealth
Â Job Summary
Oversees the overall activities of the competitive bid/strategic sourcing process. Utilizes complex negotiating skills with suppliers to finalize terms and conditions for Atrium Health and the regional group purchasing organization (GPO), Atrium Health Supply Chain Alliance (AHSCA) arrangements. Performs complex analyses of high dollar volume and/or high SKU (product) count contracts and non-contracted spend valued at over $1.8B. Collaborates, solicits feedback, and/or provides guidance, as needed, to other internal teammates such as Clinical Value Analysis, Member Services, Capital, Acquisitions, and Operations as well as external GPO Members and various suppliers.Essential Functions
- Collaborates with Clinical Value Analysis (CVA) and other AHSCA member stakeholders/Process Enhancement Product Standardization (PEPS) teams to develop the timeline and appropriate sourcing strategy for the product category.
- Performs strategic contract negotiations with supplier for GPO terms and conditions to ensure most favorable outcomes/operations. Facilitates ongoing communication between the supplier, Office of General Counsel, management, executive leadership, etc. to allow for timely completion of terms and conditions as well as deviations from standards.
- Creates respective bid documents (i.e., Request for Proposal, Request for Information, Request for Quote, etc.) for solicitation/distribution to suppliers for specific product categories.
- Facilitates the competitive bid process ensuring timely supplier proposal submissions and adherence to bid protocols/procedures and deadlines.
- Conducts cost savings analyses of proposal submissions from suppliers within Microsoft Excel and/or other GPO approved contracting and analytical tools with a focus on overall total proposal value. Negotiates with suppliers based on analysis outcome compared to market trends and benchmarking data.
- Conducts annual, bi-annual, or quarterly business reviews with suppliers to understand trends and metrics within specific product categories, contract compliance successes or issues, new product technology opportunities, GPO member and aggregate performance, etc.
- Communicates consistently to the CVA team and the AHSCA member stakeholders/PEPS team regarding sourcing process updates. Provides final contract updates to GPO membership in advance of contract expiration to allow for timely purchasing system updates.
- Creates presentations in Microsoft PowerPoint summarizing proposal responses received from suppliers. Provides final recommendations to respective clinical and non-clinical teams across the GPO membership for decision/contract award.
Stretching and bending required to access files and assist in conducting physical inventories. Manual dexterity for keying and retrieving data from automated systems. Must be able to sit for long periods of time. May lift up to twenty pounds occasionally. Must be able to handle many varied, time sensitive and stressful tasks and assign priorities and individuals appropriately. Education, Experience and Certifications
Bachelors Degree with courses in healthcare, supply chain, accounting, economics, and business law or 5 years of demonstrated, progressive work experience in healthcare supply chain/procurement required. Bachelors Degree in Materials and Logistics Management or Supply Chain preferred. Masters Degree, CMRP, or other related certification a plus. Knowledge and ability to use personal computer and related software preferred; Intermediate knowledge of Microsoft Office Products (i.e., Word, PowerPoint, Excel) required. The ability to deliver and utilize strategic negotiating skills, value analysis techniques and complex cost analyses is essential. Strong communication skills (written and verbal) and customer service skills required.
At Atrium Health, formerly Carolinas HealthCare System, our patients, communities and teammates are at the center of everything we do. Our commitment to diversity and inclusion allows us to deliver care that is superior in quality and compassion across our network of more than 900 care locations.
As a leading, innovative health system, we promote an environment where differences are valued and integrated into our workforce. Our culture of inclusion and cultural competence allows us to achieve our goals and deliver the best possible experience to patients and the communities we serve.
Posting Notes: Not Applicable
Carolinas HealthCare System is an EOE/AA Employer