UNC Health Care
NW CaryWellness Center, Chapel Hill
Part-time: 20hr/week and 30hr/week positions available.
1. Develops and implements individualized programming based on client consultation and assessment, demonstrating proper technique. Conducts reassessment when appropriate. Checks for understanding with all programming. Provides client with written/electronic access to their periodized workout plan. Provide these services with consideration of physical, psychosocial, cultural/spiritual, and age specific needs of those served. Offer encouragement and motivation on an ongoing basis to enhance member/guest desire to attain his/her predetermined goals. Chart client goals and progress using ActiveLinxx system, if client uses system. Conduct personal training within the scope of practice of a certified personal trainer; refer clients to the proper health care professional when necessary. Make Lifestyle Enhancement Director aware of where client workouts are stored. Adhere to all Personal Training Staff Policies and Procedures.
2. Maintain at least 60% productivity (60% of time on clock with paying clients). Participate in the yearly department budget process
3. Assesses/reassesses fitness level of members and guests using Microfit, counsels results and recommends exercises based on individual client interview and goals, and takes into consideration the physical, psychosocial, cultural/spiritual and age specific needs of clients. Takes turns covering weekend appointments. Explains health evaluation process thoroughly and obtains client consent signature. Offer encouragement and motivation on an ongoing basis to enhance member/guest experience.
4. Maintains accurate files for client assessments and signed client agreement forms. Charts client goals and progress. Uses software to take client payments and daily deduct personal training sessions and classes with the date the session was completed. Accurately record all personal training intake sheets taken on a personal training-tracking sheet, recording the date of initial contact with the client. Keep Outlook schedule updated weekly with times and client names
5. Provide outstanding customer service: smile, greet people, answer the phone with the UNC Wellness script, return calls and emails within one business day, respond to questions from other departments, clients, guests and staff about training, fees, and procedures and policies. Effectively work within a team structure, offering helpful input or assistance to other departments when necessary.
6. Effectively work with the Lifestyle Enhancement Director to promote the Wellness Centers personal training program. Provide constructive input regarding customer feedback and make suggestions for improving procedures. Attend at least 2 of 3 All Staff meetings and at least 10 of 12 department meetings. Maintain high level of competence through yearly continuing education.
Bachelor's degree in an appropriate discipline. National Personal Trainer certification. Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation (CPR) certification within two (2) months from date of hire. Automated External Defibrillator (AED) certification within two (2) months from date of hire.