Central Carolina Hospital
Summary: Responsible for direction of patient care. Oversees clinical practice of staff members. Consults with staff, physicians, Nursing Director and CNO on nursing issues and interpretation of hospital policies to ensure patient needs are met. Maintains performance improvement activities within the department and participates in CQI activities. Provides direct and indirect patient care in the clinical setting utilizing the nursing process of assessment, planning, implementation and evaluation. Interprets policies, procedures, standards and regulations as is appropriate to personnel, nursing and medical staff.
Communicates effectively with all members of the health care team about changes in the patients condition or response to treatment.
1. Assigns personnel; delegates specific duties and tasks. Supervises staff to ensure quality of nursing care.
2. Assists providers in operations through provision of qualified staff; formulates schedule which provides staff available for all procedures.
3. Carries out medical and surgical asepsis during treatments and special procedures.
4. Plans, controls, directs and coordinates administrative duties to ensure the functioning of the department and staff.
5. Manages patient throughput for efficient use of resources.
6. Demonstrates thorough knowledge of equipment and supplies used in the clinical area.
7. Ensures policies and procedures are followed for clinical area.
8. Provides orientation for new staff members.
9. Demonstrates critical thinking and decision making skills.
High school diploma or equivalent is required
Associates degree is required
Bachelors degree is preferred
Registered Nurse in North Carolina is required
American Heart Association BLS is required
ACLS is required
Equal opportunity and affirmative action employers and are looking for diversity in candidates for employment: Minority/Female/Disabled/Protected Veteran